Budapest has made its way into our hearts and our top cities list. We spent 8 days there, and it wasn’t nearly enough!
This is one of those cities that you love more and more the more time you spend there, and we can’t wait to go back.
From the ruin bars to the baths and all the beautiful, delicious places in between, we have a lot to share about this amazing little eastern European city.
Click here to download the episode directly.
What are your favorite spots in Budapest? Let us know @ExtraPackofPeanuts!
Check out the entire library of EPoP Travel Podcasts on iTunes.
In This Episode:
- 9:00 Getting into town
- 12:00 The Neighborhoods
- 17:32 Getting Around
- 21:22 Eating
- 37:00 Drinking
- 44:00 Activities
- 1:05 Can’t-miss/skip/wish we had done
Cafes & Other Food:
- Hadik Cafe (get the Sztrapacksa)
- Belvaros Langos Alom
- A Sef Ut Casa
- Fricksa Gastropub
- Széchenyi thermal bath
- Liberty Statue near Gellert Baths
- Andrassy Avenue
- Palace District
- Hold Street Market
- Central Market Hall
- The New York Cafe
- Buda Castle
- Destination Diary – Florence
- Destination Diary – Vancouver
- Destination Diary – Slovenia
- Destination Diary – Portland (Update!)
- Destination Diary – San Diego, California
- Destination Diary – Loja, Ecuador
- Destination Diary – Asheville, North Carolina
- Destination Diary – London, England
- Destination Diary – Barcelona, Spain
- Destination Diary – Ireland
- Destination Diary – Santorini, Greece
- Destination Diary – Paros, Greece
- Destination Diary – Georgia (the country!)
- Destination Diary – Chicago
- Destination Diary – Nashville, Tennessee
- Destination Diary – Japan
- Destination Diary – Cape Town, South Africa
- Destination Diary – Chiang Mai, Thailand
- Destination Diary – Guatemala
- Destination Diary – Philadelphia
- Destination Diary – Portugal
- Destination Diary – Santiago de Compostela, Spain
- Destination Diary – Portland
- Destination Diary – Colorado
- Destination Diary – Croatia
- Destination Diary – India
Leave a Review!
iTunes reviews are one of THE most important factors for podcasts. If you enjoy the show please take a second to leave the show a review on iTunes!
- Click this link: Leave a review on iTunes
- Hit “View in iTunes” on the left-hand side under the picture.
- Leave an honest review.
- You’re awesome!
Just finished this episode and holy moly was it ever helpful and so well laid out. Traveling there next Spring with two kids (5&8) and are thinking of flying in a staying for 3ish days then leaving to travel around Austria and then coming back and staying another 3ish days before flying out. If you had to choose two neighborhoods which would they be?
@Ashley – So glad you loved it. Budapest is one of our favorite cities, which I think you could tell from the podcast. I definitely would recommend staying in District 5, 6, or 7 if you want to be most convenient. If you wanted to do a few days on the Buda side, District 1 will give you a different feel (much quieter) while still being at the foot of the castle.
Fantastic podcast! Going to Hungary in October, and this podcast has done more than any guide book this far to get me primed. Oh, and that website you mentioned, Off Beat Budapest, has a ridiculous amount of useful information. Thanks for the great work. Hoping you have podcast for Berlin in the near future. Cheers!
@jason – Awesome, glad you liked it, and totally agree – Offbeat Budapest is AWESOME!