Click here to download this episode directly
We liked Asheville so much that we ended up there twice last year!
Lately, we’ve had quite a few people asking us for our recommendations to Asheville, and when I went to send them this episode, it didn’t exist, so here we are!
Heather joins me today to oust her favorite donuts (Beilers Donuts in Philly) for a new all-time favorite!
We also discuss some other favorite places to eat, and of course, our favorite breweries. Cause you can’t talk about Asheville without talking about craft beer!
What are your favorite places in Asheville? Let us know @ExtraPackOfPeanuts!!
Today’s episode has been sponsored by our friends at Tortuga Backpacks!
Check out the entire library of EPoP Travel Podcasts on iTunes
In This Episode
- 11:00 The Blue Ridge Parkway
- 14:19 Donuts
- 20:00 All the breweries
- 37:16 Things to do
- 47:00 Can’t-Miss, Skip, and Wishes
- Hole Doughnuts
- Vortex Doughnuts
- Geraldine’s Bakery
- Tupelo Honey Cafe
- Early Girl Eatery
- All Souls Pizza
- 12 Bones Barbeque
- Buxton Hall Barbeque
- Chai Pani
- Biscuit Heads
- Wicked Weed Brewing
- Burial Beer Brewery
- New Belgium Brewery
- Sierra Nevada Brewery
- The Funkatorium
- One World Brewing
- Greenman Brewery
- Bhramari Brewhouse
- Lexington Glassworks
- The Biltmore
- River Arts District
- Explore Asheville Website
- The Alpine Inn B & B
- The Blue Ridge Parkway
- Destination Diary – London, England
- Destination Diary – Barcelona, Spain
- Destination Diary – Ireland
- Destination Diary – Santorini, Greece
- Destination Diary – Paros, Greece
- Destination Diary – Georgia (the country!)
- Destination Diary – Chicago
- Destination Diary – Nashville, Tennessee
- Destination Diary – Japan
- Destination Diary – Cape Town, South Africa
- Destination Diary – Chiang Mai, Thailand
- Destination Diary – Guatemala
- Destination Diary – Philadelphia
- Destination Diary – Portugal
- Destination Diary – Santiago de Compostela, Spain
- Destination Diary – Portland
- Destination Diary – Colorado
- Destination Diary – Croatia
- Destination Diary – India
Leave a Review!
iTunes reviews are one of THE most important factors for podcasts. If you enjoy the show please take a second to leave the show a review on iTunes!
- Click this link: Leave a review on iTunes
- Hit “View in iTunes” on the left-hand side under the picture.
- Leave an honest review.
- You’re awesome!
I’m an Asheville native, so I loved listening to your take on the town we call home! Next time you’re in the area, check out brunch at Sunny Point (the savory stuffed French Toast is amazing). Pete’s Pies is a hidden gem, tucked away in a secret courtyard downtown, and they serve absolutely delicious British-style meat pies (but they actually taste waaaay better than any of the ones I tried while visiting the UK :-) ) And, last but not least, since I’ve heard that you *may* like ice cream– there’s a great new place on the South Slope called Sunshine Sammies– homemade cookies + homemade ice cream = serious ice cream sandwich yumminess!
@Katie – Did someone say….ICE CREAM???? Oh man, as if I needed yet another reason to return to your great town. Between stuffed French toast and ice cream, how will I ever fit in beer?
We love going to Ashville and are going again next weekend. Glad you two posted this before we head there again. Lots of new places for us to visit this trip. Love Wicked Weed and Funkatorium. Next time you go check out Oyster House. They have great beer and the food was amazing when we went. We will be checking out 12 Bones for sure.
@Clancy – Oyster House, noted! Gotta get back to Asheville…it’s such a thriving little town.