About the Show
Creating Insatiable Wanderlust Since 2013
Every Tuesday Trav and Heather fill your heart with wanderlust and your head with knowledge.
Sometimes we’ll interview amazing travelers, like the guy who went around France on a little red scooter or the guy who spent 5 years going to every country in Africa (and climbing the tallest peak in each). Sometimes we’ll give you practical advice, like our 47 best gifts for travelers or 21 ways to survive a long haul flight. Sometimes we’ll drop some lists on ya (we love lists!) like our top 10 ice cream in the world or our top 25 breweries. And sometimes we’ll tell you all the best things to do at a specific destination, like the best seafood in Croatia or where to eat pizza in Rome.
But we’ll always have fun, always get (probably too) excited, and always say the word boutique wrong.
EPoP 019: The Youngest American Ever to Visit Every Country in the World with Lee Abbamonte
Lee has the unique distinction of being the youngest American EVER to visit all 193 countries in the world.
EPoP 018: The 6 Biggest Myths About Frequent Flyer Miles
If you’re like 85% of Americans, then you probably believe most of these myths are facts. And if you’re the other 15%, you’re most likely trying to constantly convince people that these myths aren’t true and that frequent flyer miles really can help you travel around the world for pennies.
EPoP 017: How to Find Cheap, Safe, and Delicious Food Anywhere in the World with Jodi Ettenberg
Finding, and eating, new foods is one of the best parts of traveling. And no one does it better than Jodi Ettenberg, author of The Food Traveler’s Handbook and expert on finding delicious food all over the world.
EPoP 016: From Mascot to Mayor: 52 Jobs in 52 Weeks with Sean Aiken
In this interview, Sean tells all about which jobs he liked most, which he liked least, and how the heck he was able to pull it off logistically.
EPoP 015: The Art of Storytelling and Epic Bike Trips with Tom Allen
During our interview, Tom not only gives us a behind the scenes look at the making of Janapar, but also dives into the art of storytelling, and how to hone both your video and storytelling skills.
EPoP 014: How to Use Technology While Traveling (without spending a fortune) with Anil Polat
In this episode, tech wizard and world traveler Anil Polat of Foxnomad.com sits down to discuss how to use technology to enhance, not hinder, your travels and how to do so without spending a fortune.
EPoP 013: Why Adventure Travel Isn’t Just for Super Athletes and The Joys of Couples Travel with Dave and Deb
For the first time on the Extra Pack of Peanuts Podcast, I’m joined by TWO people on the other side, Dave and Deb of the wildly popular travel blog, ThePlanetD.com.
EPoP 012: Steve Kamb on How to Exercise, Eat Right, and Stay Fit While Traveling
Today, Steve Kamb of NerdFitness sits down to discuss how he was able to stay in shape while on an 8-month long around-the-world trip and gives some amazing, instantly implementable tips on how fellow travelers can do the same, no matter what destination they are in.
EPoP 011: How to Book RTW Tickets and the Value of Indie Travel with Sean Keener
In this rollicking interview, Sean Keener, founder of Bootsnall, one of the webs’s very first communities for travelers, sits down to discuss a myriad of topics including how to book Round-the-World (RTW) tickets, the value of “indie” travel, and how the internet has changed the travel landscape (for better and worse).
EPoP 010: How to Earn THOUSANDS of Miles Per Hotel Stay Instead of Hundreds
In this episode of the Extra Pack of Peanuts Podcast, Jay Hoffman, founder, and CEO of Rocketmiles sits down to discuss how savvy travelers can earn thousands of frequent flyer miles per hotel stay as opposed to just a few hundred.