One of the top stressors people have when becoming location independent is money, investments, and taxes abroad and the best way to structure everything. Well, joining me today is someone who has lived everywhere from Banff and the Canadian Arctic to Singapore and Dubai, who has traveled to almost 100 countries and who believes that just because you were born in one country doesn’t mean you have to keep your money and investments there, Mikkel Thorup from The Expat Money Show.
Today’s episode has been sponsored by our friends at Tortuga Backpacks!
Do you have travel questions for Trav about travel or travel hacking? Tweet us @packofpeanuts or Instagram with #askepop to @extrapackofpeanuts, or even on Facebook! Anywhere you can find us!
In This Episode
- 04:50 Travel Motivation
- 10:15 Mentors & Marketing
- 17:05 Big Mistakes
- 21:50 Financial Opportunities For Regular People
- 29:50 Offshore Companies
- 33:25 Expat Options
- 39:10 Real Estate – Where & Why
- 46:00 Diversifying
- 48:30 Strategy For Learning
- 55:00 Burnout?
- 59:10 Getting In Over Your Head
- 01:03:30 Travel Style Change
- 01:05:40 How Much Travel Is For Pleasure
- 01:07:30 Biggest Travel Mishap
- 01:10:35 What’s Next?
- The Expat Money Show
- The Expat Money Show Podcast
- The Expat Money Show Electric Vehicle Metals
- EMS Newsletter
- Expat Secrets by Mikkel Thorup
- Jetto App – Referral Code: EPOP
- Want to follow our adventures? Check out our Instagram’s at @PackOfPeanuts, @HeatherSherry, @TravelingWhitMyles, and @Let’sJetto
- Replacing Your Income Using Airbnb Part 3 – Investing
- Rich Travel, Poor Travel w/ George Igoe
- Emerging Destinations w/ Nate Hake
- The Digital Nomad Life w/ Eli David
Leave a Review!
iTunes reviews are one of THE most important factors for podcasts. If you enjoy the show please take a second to leave the show a review on iTunes!
- Click this link: Leave a review on iTunes
- Hit “View in iTunes” on the left-hand side under the picture.
- Leave an honest review.
- You’re awesome!