Zeona McIntyre went from a $12 an hour retail job while side-hustling by renting out her place on Airbnb to owning her own Airbnb property to now having an entire vacation property management company that she runs while still traveling around the world.
This is part three of this series and we get into the investing side of it all. What should you be looking for when purchasing a property for hosting on Airbnb or any short term rental platform? We will be answering the following: investor partnerships vs solo, cash vs financing, turnkey vs work needed, how to keep up with the ever-changing laws and so much more. If you have ever played with the idea of buying an investment property for short term rental then listen closely because we are discussing it all.
Today’s episode has been sponsored by our friends at Tortuga Backpacks!
Do you have travel questions for Trav about travel or travel hacking? Tweet us @packofpeanuts or Instagram with #askepop to @packofpeanuts, or even on facebook! Anywhere you can find us!
In This Episode
- 04:00 Shout Out & Success Story
- 06:15 Zeona’s Timeline & Locations
- 08:45 Investing With Others Or Vetting Them
- 17:15 Buying Where You Don’t Live Or Know Very Well
- 28:45 Finding Tradesman & People To Help
- 31:45 Resource For Laws & Backup Plan
- 36:30 The Numbers & Long Term Options
- 49:45 Loopholes/Bonuses
- 52:00 Turnkey vs Work Needed
- 57:10 Size Matters?
- 01:06:15 The House That Stands Out
- 01:09:30 Emotions vs Numbers
- 01:12:40 Pricing / Buying & Cash vs Financing
- 01:22:05 Overall Goal
- 01:27:00 Dipping Your Toe Into It
- 01:28:45 Tips & Tricks
- Check out Darren & Sasha Mendenhall on Twitter | Instagram
- Zeona McIntyre
- Follow Zeona on Facebook | Instagram
- Zeona’s Tools & Resources
- Zeona’s Airbnb Listing 1
- Zeona’s Airbnb Listing 2
- Trav & Heather’s Listing #1
- Trav & Heather’s Listing #2
- Trav & Heather’s Listing #3
- Never Split The Difference by Chris Voss
- Jetto App – Referral Code: EPOP
- Want to follow our adventures? Check out our Instagram’s at @PackOfPeanuts, @HeatherSherry, @TravelingWhitMyles, and @Let’sJetto
- Replace Your Income Using Airbnb with Zeona McIntyre – Part 1
- Replace Your Income Using Airbnb with Zeona McIntyre – Part 2
- 3 Properties In 7 Months – Getting Started On Airbnb
- Our Experiences As Airbnb Hosts
Leave a Review!
iTunes reviews are one of THE most important factors for podcasts. If you enjoy the show please take a second to leave the show a review on iTunes!
- Click this link: Leave a review on iTunes
- Hit “View in iTunes” on the left-hand side under the picture.
- Leave an honest review.
- You’re awesome!