Emerging Destinations with Nate Hake
Nate Hake is a recovering lawyer who after 5 years and $250,000 of debt, got fed up and decided to travel the world instead.
He spent his first year fast traveling through 43 countries & 6 continents but has switched to digital nomad slow travel to allow him to work on his travel blog Travel Lemming and burgeoning software company.
His love of the country of Georgia & being a sucker for emerging destinations has made us instant kindred spirits and I really enjoyed getting into what makes a place an emerging destination, what is life truly like after years on the road, and tips on how to travel more (hint: credit card miles FTW).
Our Frequent Flyer Bootcamp has opened its doors and you can get it for $300 off PLUS 4 free bonuses but only until December 21st at 9 pm EST!
Which emerging destinations are on your 2019 travel list? Let us know @PackofPeanuts!
Do you have travel questions for Trav about travel or travel hacking? Tweet us @packofpeanuts or Instagram with #askepop to @packofpeanuts, or even on facebook! Anywhere you can find us!
In This Episode
- 07:33 Why Law? Why Travel?
- 10:53 Reactions From Others
- 13:44 Second Thoughts?
- 16:30 Traveling vs Nomad
- 17:40 How Nate Afforded This
- 19:40 To Plan Or Not To Plan
- 22:30 Tough Times & Highlights
- 28:00 Emerging Destinations
- 35:20 Top Picks For Emerging Destinations
- 37:35 Emerging vs Risky
- 42:00 Unsafe Feelings?
- 44:00 Fav Places To Live
- 47:00 Next On The List Of Places To Go
- 50:50 Tips On How To Travel More
- 55:25 Travel Mishaps
- 01:02:00 What’s Next For You?
- Thailand vs Bali
- Destination Diary – Georgia (The Country!)
- Top 16 Places Where We’d Live For 3 Months
- Jetto: The Origin Story Behind Our New App
Leave a Review!
iTunes reviews are one of THE most important factors for podcasts. If you enjoy the show please take a second to leave the show a review on iTunes!
- Click this link: Leave a review on iTunes
- Hit “View in iTunes” on the left-hand side under the picture.
- Leave an honest review.
- You’re awesome!