For a country the size of New Jersey, there is a LOT to see!
Heather and I spent 4 days of our babymoon in Slovenia, and it lived up to all of our expectations and then some.
Delicious food, amazing gelato, and gorgeous drives make this country one that really packs a punch.
Join Heather and I as we go through our trip and share the best food, the best places to visit, and of course my new #1 favorite gelato place in the whole world! I definitely wasn’t expecting that when we decided to go to Slovenia!
Ever been to Slovenia? Share your story @ExtraPackOfPeanuts!!
Today’s episode has been sponsored by our friends at Tortuga Backpacks!
Check out the entire library of EPoP Travel Podcasts on iTunes
In This Episode
- 04:43 Where is Slovenia located?
- 11:06 Ljubljana
- 31:37 The new best gelato in the world
- 38:15 Coffee & Beer
- 45:00 Places to Stay
- 51:00 Things to do
- 55:44 The rest of Slovenia
- 57:00 Lake Bled
- 1:01:00 North Slovenia by car
- 1:06:00 Piran on the coast
- 1:10:49 Can’t-miss, Skip, Wish we would have done
Places to Stay
The Rest of Slovenia
Places to Stay
- Destination Diary – Portland (Update!)
- Destination Diary – San Diego, California
- Destination Diary – Loja, Ecuador
- Destination Diary – Asheville, North Carolina
- Destination Diary – London, England
- Destination Diary – Barcelona, Spain
- Destination Diary – Ireland
- Destination Diary – Santorini, Greece
- Destination Diary – Paros, Greece
- Destination Diary – Georgia (the country!)
- Destination Diary – Chicago
- Destination Diary – Nashville, Tennessee
- Destination Diary – Japan
- Destination Diary – Cape Town, South Africa
- Destination Diary – Chiang Mai, Thailand
- Destination Diary – Guatemala
- Destination Diary – Philadelphia
- Destination Diary – Portugal
- Destination Diary – Santiago de Compostela, Spain
- Destination Diary – Portland
- Destination Diary – Colorado
- Destination Diary – Croatia
- Destination Diary – India
Leave a Review!
iTunes reviews are one of THE most important factors for podcasts. If you enjoy the show please take a second to leave the show a review on iTunes!
- Click this link: Leave a review on iTunes
- Hit “View in iTunes” on the left-hand side under the picture.
- Leave an honest review.
- You’re awesome!
In the podcast u mentioned an app for traveling as a local what was the name of the app?
@Sukaina- The app is called Use It. They have maps made by locals for probably 15-20 European cities and Ljubljana is one of them.
EPOP- your podcast are the only thing getting me through the pointy-ended last few weeks of university! Can’t wait to travel to Slovenia once I have finished my degree. You guys continually inspire me to travel the world.
Lots of love from Australia !
@Cora Be – Awesome to hear, and glad we can help you get through your last few weeks! Slovenia is awesome, and I can guarantee you’ll love it. Although…I can’t wait to return to your home country of Australia. We still have a lot more exploring left to do there.
I’ve been thinking about making a trip to eastern Europe for a while now, so when you and Rick Steves both did episodes on Slovenia in the same week I decided to take it as a sign that it’s time to plan that trip and go to Slovenia! Are there any books or blogs about Slovenia that you have read and would recommend?
@Amanda Mawson – It’s definitely a sign…now you gotta go! I didn’t find any books about Slovenia, and didn’t use many blogs in particular either, so can’t help you there. But if you find a good book, please let us know!