Today’s guest is former Frugal Traveler columnist for the New York Times and author of Rediscovering Travel: A Guide for the Globally Curious, Seth Kugel. Seth is also known in some circles as the “Latino food expert”, can claim that he has written for the New Yorker but can’t claim that his work has appeared in the New Yorker, and is one of the funniest guys out there (just read his about page!).
Today’s episode has been sponsored by our friends at Tortuga Backpacks!
What has been your cheapest travel experience? Was it worth it? Let us know @ExtraPackofPeanuts!
Do you have travel questions for Trav about travel or travel hacking? Tweet us @packofpeanuts or Instagram with #askepop to @extrapackofpeanuts, or even on Facebook! Anywhere you can find us!
In This Episode
- 02:54 Not Making it in Playboy
- 05:30 Why Do You Love Travel
- 10:00 Goal of the Book
- 11:35 What’s Hurting & What’s Awesome About Modern Travel?
- 19:40 How Do We Experience a Place With More Authenticity
- 24:45 Ultimate Love/Hate Relationship for Airbnb
- 27:13 The Joys of Old School Travel
- 30:00 Flip on Travel Mode
- 31:45 Holding Onto Your Ways
- 36:40 How Has Your Travel Style Changed?
- 43:38 How Do I Meet Locals While Traveling
- 49:45 Easy Authentic Places
- 53:55 Favorite Places & Experiences
- 57:55 Underwhelming Places
- 59:28 Tips for Traveling More & Spending Less
- 01:04:15 Finding Consolidators
- 01:07:04 Biggest Mishaps?
- 01:10:00 What’s Happening Next?
- Jetto App – Referral Code: EPOP
- Want to follow our adventures? Check out our Instagram’s at @PackOfPeanuts, @HeatherSherry, @TravelingWhitMyles, and @Let’sJetto
- Check out Seth’s website at SethKugal.com
- Rediscovering Travel: A Guide for the Globally Curious by Seth Kugal
- Rhodia Notebooks
- Lencois Maranhenses Photos
- Is The Best Travel Search Engine Around The Corner? – New York Times Article
- Say Hi to Seth on Facebook | Instagram | YouTube
- Youtube – AmigoGringo
- Why I Spent 15 Days In Airplanes & Airports with Nate Buchanan
- EPOP Success Story: 12 Countries In 12 Months
- What’s Your Excuse For Not Traveling? 71 Travel Experts Tell You Why It’s Bull#$&%!
- Traveling Solo
- Your Roadmap To Traveling, LIving, And Working Anywhere In The World
- 18 Rules To Eat Cheap, Safe & Well While Traveling
Leave a Review!
iTunes reviews are one of THE most important factors for podcasts. If you enjoy the show please take a second to leave the show a review on iTunes!
- Click this link: Leave a review on iTunes
- Hit “View in iTunes” on the left-hand side under the picture.
- Leave an honest review.
- You’re awesome!