Have Adventures On The Global Scavenger Hunt w/ Bill Chalmers
Joining me today is the winner of the 1989 Human Race, where he traveled 40,000 miles in 17 days, someone who was named “The World’s Greatest Traveler” by National Geographic Traveler in 2002, and who is the founder and Ringmaster of The Global Scavenger Hunt, Bill Chalmers from GlobalScavengerHunt.com
Today’s episode has been sponsored by our friends at Chase. Check out one of our favorite travel credit cards, the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card, by going to CreditCards.com/EPOP.
Click here to download the episode directly.
Would you want to participate in The Global Scavenger Hunt? Would you do it more for fun or to win? Let us know by tagging us in a post on Instagram at @ExtraPackofPeanuts.
Check out the entire library of EPoP Travel Podcasts on Apple Podcasts.
In This Episode
- 03:40 How Did This All Start
- 11:40 What Keeps It Going
- 16:20 This Biggest Changes
- 22:40 What is The Global Scavenger Hunt
- 34:45 Type Of People Who Participate
- 37:55 Figuring Out The Hunt & Dynamics
- 48:50 Would You Win?
- 51:00 Keeping People Going & Competition
- 59:25 How Long Does Planning Take?
- 01:08:30 Costs To Participate & Spending During The Hunt
- 01:17:00 Is There Going To Be a 2021 Event?
- Learn more about the Global Scavenger Hunt
- Grab Bill’s Book America’s Vacation Deficit Disorder: Who Stole Your Vacation?
- Follow Bill & TGSH on Facebook | Instagram | Youtube | Twitter
- Want to follow our adventures? Check out our Instagram’s at @PackOfPeanuts, @HeatherSherry, and @TravelingWhitMyles
- How To Buy And Use Round The World Tickets (RTW) in 2020
- Travel Safely with World Nomads w/ Phil Sylvester
- The World’s Most Traveled Man w/ Mike Brown
Leave a Review!
iTunes reviews are one of THE most important factors for podcasts. If you enjoy the show please take a second to leave the show a review on iTunes!
- Click this link: Leave a review on Apple Podcasts
- Hit “View in iTunes” on the left-hand side under the picture.
- Leave an honest review.
- You’re awesome!