Joining me today is someone who serves as a lifeguard at one of Sydney’s beaches, who loves Aussie Rules football, and who knows more about travel insurance than almost any other human alive, Phil Sylvester, Head of Media and Communications for World Nomads Travel Insurance.
We’re going to be diving into one of the most misunderstood, seemingly complex but incredibly important parts of traveling – travel insurance – throughout this podcast, and I’ll be peppering Phil with all the questions that have come my way from listeners, friends, and family, plus a few of my own.
Today’s episode has been sponsored by our friends at Tortuga Backpacks!
Do you always purchase travel insurance when abroad? If not, what holds you back? Let us know @PackofPeanuts!
Do you have travel questions for Trav about travel or travel hacking? Tweet us @packofpeanuts or Instagram with #askepop to @packofpeanuts, or even on facebook! Anywhere you can find us!
In This Episode
- 04:40 Love Of Travel
- 08:00 How Has Travel Changed
- 13:48 Getting Started With World Nomads
- 17:30 Myths & Misconceptions About Travel Insurance
- 18:45 What To Look For
- 24:25 When Should You Get Insured & Do Prices Fluctuate
- 27:10 Trip Cancellations & What Is Covered
- 29:50 How To Make A Claim & Tips
- 34:56 Medical: What Is Covered & What Isn’t
- 39:20 Domestic Travel Insurance
- 40:35 Pricing For World Nomads
- 46:00 Open Ended Trips: How To Get Insurance
- 49:53 Insuring Children On Trips
- 51:23 Add On Insurance From Airlines
- 54:45 Favorite Ways To Save Money On Travel
- 57:30 Biggest Mishaps
- 01:03:57 What Is Next For World Nomads
- Jetto App – Referral Code: EPOP
- Want to follow our adventures? Check out our Instagram’s at @PackOfPeanuts, @HeatherSherry, @TravelingWhitMyles, and @Let’sJetto
- Get your next trip insured with World Nomads
- World Nomads Podcast
- Meet Phil
- Pre-Travel Checklist: 24 Things To Do Before You Travel
- 2019 Travel Wishlist
- Living Around The World – WorldTowning
- Mistake Fares & Around The World Trips W/ Nate Buchanan
- The Roundtable: Travelers Asking Travelers
Leave a Review!
iTunes reviews are one of THE most important factors for podcasts. If you enjoy the show please take a second to leave the show a review on iTunes!
- Click this link: Leave a review on iTunes
- Hit “View in iTunes” on the left-hand side under the picture.
- Leave an honest review.
- You’re awesome!