Epic Trips & Micro-Adventures w/ Alastair Humphreys
Do you allow your lack of funds to dictate your travels or lack thereof? Are you looking for an epic adventure or are you more of a micro-adventurer? Today’s guest is someone whose accomplishments will make you feel slightly guilty you didn’t hit the gym yesterday since they include cycling around the world for 4 years, rowed across the Atlantic Ocean, pulled a 600-pound sled across the Empty Quarter desert & for good measure, completed an unsupported trek across Iceland by foot and pack-raft.
It’s no wonder that he was the 2012 National Geographic Traveler of the Year, and Geographic Magazine calls him “Slightly bonkers but this a wonderful thing”, Alastair Humphreys from AlastairHumphreys.com and author of 10 books, including the latest My Midsummer Morning.
Today’s episode has been sponsored by our friends at Tortuga Backpacks & Sauv’s!
Click here to download the episode directly. Would you ever consider an epic adventure like Alastair or are you more of a micro-adventurer? Let us know @ExtraPackofPeanuts!
Check out the entire library of EPoP Travel Podcasts on iTunes.
Do you have travel questions for Trav about travel or travel hacking? Tweet us @packofpeanuts or Instagram with #askepop to @extrapackofpeanuts, or even on Facebook! Anywhere you can find us!
In This Episode
- 05:45 Why Busk Through Spain Without Musical Talent
- 09:15 Fears, Failing & No Funds
- 17:00 Plan Of Action & Lessons Learned
- 21:00 What Are The Rules Of Busking & Travel
- 22:45 Funniest Reactions & Comments
- 28:10 Biggest Memorable Moments
- 31:13 Frustrations & Annoyances
- 32:35 The Other Epic Trips & Micro-Adventures
- 37:00 Adventurer, Father, & Middle-Aged Husband – Finding Balance
- 43:10 The British Adventurers Crew & Old Man Grumbles
- 46:00 Adventure Travel As A Job
- 52:10 Micro-Adventure Ideas
- 58:40 Travel Mishaps
- 01:01:40 What’s Next
- Alastair Humphreys Online
- Follow Alastair on Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | YouTube
- Into The Empty Quarter – Film
- Alastair Humphrey’s Newsletter
- Jetto App – Referral Code: EPOP
- Want to follow our adventures? Check out our Instagram’s at @PackOfPeanuts, @HeatherSherry, @TravelingWhitMyles, and @Let’sJetto
- 043: Adventures Big And Small w/ Alastair Humphreys
- From Couch POtato to Adventurer w/ Dave Cornthwaite
- Getting Out Of Your Comfort Zone w/ Nate Menninger
Leave a Review!
iTunes reviews are one of THE most important factors for podcasts. If you enjoy the show please take a second to leave the show a review on iTunes!
- Click this link: Leave a review on iTunes
- Hit “View in iTunes” on the left-hand side under the picture.
- Leave an honest review.
- You’re awesome!