Do you allow your lack of funds to dictate your travels or lack thereof? Are you looking for an epic adventure or are you more of a micro-adventurer? Today’s guest is someone whose accomplishments will make you feel slightly guilty you didn’t hit the gym yesterday since they include cycling around the world for 4 years, rowed across the Atlantic Ocean, pulled a 600-pound sled across the Empty Quarter desert & for good measure, completed an unsupported trek across Iceland by foot and pack-raft.
It’s no wonder that he was the 2012 National Geographic Traveler of the Year, and Geographic Magazine calls him “Slightly bonkers but this a wonderful thing”, Alastair Humphreys from AlastairHumphreys.com and author of 10 books, including the latest My Midsummer Morning.
Do you have travel questions for Trav about travel or travel hacking? Tweet us @packofpeanuts or Instagram with #askepop to @extrapackofpeanuts, or even on Facebook! Anywhere you can find us!
In This Episode
- 05:45 Why Busk Through Spain Without Musical Talent
- 09:15 Fears, Failing & No Funds
- 17:00 Plan Of Action & Lessons Learned
- 21:00 What Are The Rules Of Busking & Travel
- 22:45 Funniest Reactions & Comments
- 28:10 Biggest Memorable Moments
- 31:13 Frustrations & Annoyances
- 32:35 The Other Epic Trips & Micro-Adventures
- 37:00 Adventurer, Father, & Middle-Aged Husband – Finding Balance
- 43:10 The British Adventurers Crew & Old Man Grumbles
- 46:00 Adventure Travel As A Job
- 52:10 Micro-Adventure Ideas
- 58:40 Travel Mishaps
- 01:01:40 What’s Next
- Alastair Humphreys Online
- Follow Alastair on Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | YouTube
- Into The Empty Quarter – Film
- Alastair Humphrey’s Newsletter
- Jetto App – Referral Code: EPOP
- Want to follow our adventures? Check out our Instagram’s at @PackOfPeanuts, @HeatherSherry, @TravelingWhitMyles, and @Let’sJetto
- 043: Adventures Big And Small w/ Alastair Humphreys
- From Couch POtato to Adventurer w/ Dave Cornthwaite
- Getting Out Of Your Comfort Zone w/ Nate Menninger
Leave a Review!
iTunes reviews are one of THE most important factors for podcasts. If you enjoy the show please take a second to leave the show a review on iTunes!
- Click this link: Leave a review on iTunes
- Hit “View in iTunes” on the left-hand side under the picture.
- Leave an honest review.
- You’re awesome!