Here is the second part of my time with Zeona and we got into the nitty-gritty of what works and what doesn’t! We discussed the different platforms (positives & negatives), mistakes in listings, how to price, standing out in the crowd, dealing with non-positive reviews, and so much more. This episode is a must listen if you have ever played around with the idea of getting into the short-term vacation rental game but make sure you listen to Part 1 to hear the how and why Zeona got to where she is & how she has made it her career.
Do you have a super fancy item on your travel bucket list? Let us know @PackofPeanuts!
In This Episode
- 06:30 Airbnb or Multi-Platform?
- 10:20 Commissions & Drawbacks By Platform
- 12:45 Different Types of Guests by Platform
- 14:00 Common Mistakes in Listings
- 18:40 Listing Descriptions & Managing Guest Expectations
- 21:00 Standing Out In The Crowd
- 22:40 How To Deal With Non-Positive Reviews
- 24:45 Title Insights & Keywords
- 27:30 Bullet Points vs Stories
- 29:00 Pictures Tell The Story
- 32:30 How to Price
- 40:00 Minimum Stays?
- 44:40 What Type Of Properties Are Popular
- 48:00 Bed Size Matters
- 52:05 Statement Pieces & Home Themes
- 55:50 New Constructions vs Older Homes
- 58:35 Tools & Resources
- 1:01:20 House Manuals – Printed vs Electronic
- 1:04:00 Handymen, Cleaners – Everyday Option or Specific to Vacation Rental Services
- 1:06:25 Biggest Mishaps
- Zeona McIntyre
- Trav & Heather’s Listing #1
- Trav & Heather’s Listing #2
- Trav & Heather’s Listing #3
- Real Estate Words That Sell
- Beyond Pricing
- Zeona’s Tools & Resources
- Your Welcome
- Earth Love Cleaning – Tell them Zeona sent you
- 3 Properties in 7 Months – Getting Started On Airbnb
- Our Experience As Airbnb Hosts
- The Farmhouse: Our AirBnB Paradise In Tuscany
- Renting Your Apartment On Airbnb & Rickshaw Racing in India
Leave a Review!
iTunes reviews are one of THE most important factors for podcasts. If you enjoy the show please take a second to leave the show a review on iTunes!
- Click this link: Leave a review on iTunes
- Hit “View in iTunes” on the left-hand side under the picture.
- Leave an honest review.
- You’re awesome!