Joining me today is someone who once tried to sail from Norway to France and failed, who decided to ride a bike 5,000 miles from Alaska to Mexico but didn’t know how to change a tire, and who has gotten lost, stuck, and confused in more countries than he can count, Otto Ecroyd, author of Northbound and Down.
What long-distance adventure are you wanting to conquer? Let us know by tagging us in a post on Instagram at @ExtraPackofPeanuts.
In This Episode
- 03:00 Learning On The Go
- 04:05 Leveling Up & Where It All Started
- 09:45 Wanting To Do It To Actually Doing it
- 15:30 Alaska Adventure
- 19:30 Falling Forward & Planning At The Same Time
- 23:20 Am I Gonna Quit?
- 27:55 Being So Remote
- 30:35 Differences & Similarities Between All The Locations
- 35:55 Gear Used & Tossed Along The Way
- 40:40 Timeframe & End Date
- 44:25 The Longest Stretches
- 46:30 Biggest Lessons Learned
- 48:50 Post Trip Life
- 55:50 No Rules Needed
- 56:30 Learning About Writing & Publishing A Book
- 59:30 Unexpected Highlights & Biggest Mishap
- Find Otto’s book Northbound & Down
- Location Indie
- Want to follow our adventures? Check out our Instagram’s @ExtraPackOfPeanuts, @HeatherSherry, and @TravelingWhitMyles
- Epic Trips & Micro-Adventures w/ Alastair Humphreys
- Adventures Big & Small w/ Alastair Humphreys
- Where To Go & When w/ Sherry Ott
Leave a Review!
Apple Podcast reviews are one of THE most important factors for podcasts. If you enjoy the show please take a second to leave the show a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Click this link: Leave a review on Apple Podcasts
- Hit “View in iTunes” on the left-hand side under the picture.
- Leave an honest review.
- You’re awesome!