In her 11 years of living nomadically, she’s circled the globe multiple times visiting all 7 continents. She lived in Vietnam, hiked the Annapurna Circuit with her father, finished the 10,000-mile Mongol Rally, walked the Camino de Santiago, kayaked in Antarctica, herded reindeer in the Arctic, and drove an auto-rickshaw across India.
While quarantining in her home in Denver – she used her time to work on a new Ebook, Where to Go, and When. The book provides inspirational ideas of where to travel each month (for when we can travel again). For each month she chose 3 destinations to satisfy different travel styles (epic adventure, domestic trip, and an international trip or festival) with a short overview of the interesting, cool and quirky things to do there. The destinations were chosen based on trips Sherry has actually done over her 14 years as a travel blogger. My good friend and incredible writer and photographer – one of the OG’s of travel blogging – Sherry Ott from Ottsworld.com.
What is your favorite place to go in a specific month? Let us know by tagging us in a post on Instagram at @ExtraPackofPeanuts.
Check out the entire library of EPoP Travel Podcasts on Apple Podcasts.
Click here to download this episode directly!
In This Episode
- 05:20 Homebasing After Being Nomadic For 11 Years
- 12:00 How Fast Was She Moving As A Digital Nomad
- 17:25 Do You Still Want The New Places Or The Comforts Of Places You’ve Been
- 19:15 How The Pandemic Has Affected Sherry’s Life & The Positives Of It All
- 25:45 Exploring The West Via Road Trips
- 33:30 Flirting & Planning For Future Travels
- 36:30 Where To Go & When Travel Book
- 38:50 Travel By Month
- 42:00 Destinations That Are Surprising & Fun
- 50:30 Lesser-Known Options & Trusting Advice From People Who Have Been There
- 57:30 Save & Splurge: What Do You Save On & What Do You Splurge On
- 01:05:30 Biggest Travel Mishap
- Find Sherry at OttsWorld.com
- Follow Sherry on Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | Pinterest | Twitter
- FREE Ebook Download of Where to Go & When
- Wisconsin Supper Clubs Blog Post
- Pooping Christmas Log Blog Post
- Northern Argentina & Chile Travel Blog Post
- Antarctica Travel Blog Post
- Location Indie
- Want to follow our adventures? Check out our Instagram’s @ExtraPackOfPeanuts, @HeatherSherry, and @TravelingWhitMyles
- Taking A Career Break With Sherry Ott Part 1
- Taking A Career Break With Sherry Ott Part 2
- The Beauty Of Imperfect Travels w/ Christine & Jules
Leave a Review!
Apple Podcast reviews are one of THE most important factors for podcasts. If you enjoy the show please take a second to leave the show a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Click this link: Leave a review on Apple Podcasts
- Hit “View in iTunes” on the left-hand side under the picture.
- Leave an honest review.
- You’re awesome!