Joining me today is someone who used to sing 60’s covers in a psychedelic rock bar in Costa Rica, whose hometown is roughly 8,000 miles from where she now lives, and who is the only Uruguay guidebook author who actually lives there, Karen Higgs from guruguay.com.
Is Uruguay now on your travel bucket list? Let us know by tagging us in a post on Instagram at @ExtraPackofPeanuts.
In This Episode
- 05:50 Pronunciation & Mistaken Identities
- 13:15 History & Culture of Uruguay
- 20:00 How Did You End Up In Uruguay?
- 24:20 Falling In Love With Uruguay
- 28:30 The Reactions To Uruguay From Abroad
- 31:50 What Is Uruguay Known For?
- 35:35 Itineraries (Including Beaches & Wine Country), When To Go, & When To Book
- 50:00 The City, The Food, The Music Scene, & The Carnivals
- 57:00 Temperatures You Can Expect
- 58:30 The Costs & What To Budget
- 01:06:50 Biggest Travel Mishaps
- FREE Guide To Karen’s Favorite Places To Eat, Drink, & Visit In Uruguay
- Grab Karen’s Uruguay Guide Books
- The Guru’Guay Guide to Montevideo on Audible.com
- Find Karen over at Guru’Guay
- Follow Karen on Instagram | Facebook | YouTube
- Discover Uruguay Facebook Group
- Location Indie
- Want to follow our adventures? Check out our Instagram’s @ExtraPackOfPeanuts, @HeatherSherry, and @TravelingWhitMyles
- Seeing The World Via Hitchhiking w/ Juan Villarino
- 2020 Travel Wishlist
- Around The World On 50 Bucks w/ Christopher Schacht
Leave a Review!
Apple Podcast reviews are one of THE most important factors for podcasts. If you enjoy the show please take a second to leave the show a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Click this link: Leave a review on Apple Podcasts
- Hit “View in iTunes” on the left-hand side under the picture.
- Leave an honest review.
- You’re awesome!