Joining me today is someone who since 2005 has hitchhiked across 95 countries, including Afghanistan and Iraq, to document hospitality and fight stereotypes and who has written a book about it called Hitchhiking in the Axis of Evil, Juan Villarino from JuanVillarino.com. This episode was recorded pre-COVID-19.
Have you ever hitchhiked? Where is your dream hitchhiking location? Let us know by tagging us in a post on Instagram at @ExtraPackofPeanuts.
In This Episode
- 02:30 Hitchhiking In Modern Times
- 10:35 Home Basing To Write A Book
- 12:40 Easiest & Hardest Places To Hitchhike
- 18:15 Building Authentic Connections Through Hitchhiking
- 23:10 The Rules Of Hitchhiking & Being A Good Hitchhiker
- 33:15 Solo vs With A Friend
- 36:15 Hitchhiking in the States
- 47:45 The Real Hospitality Of The People In The “Axis of Evil”
- 01:01:45 Biggest Travel Mishaps & Writing The Third Book
- Find Juan at JuanVillarino.com
- Find Juan at Acrobata del Camino (Spanish Language)
- Follow Juan on Instagram
- Check out Juan’s Book: “Hitchhiking in the Axis of Evil” in English
- Location Indie
- Want to follow our adventures? Check out our Instagram’s @ExtraPackOfPeanuts, @HeatherSherry, and @TravelingWhitMyles
- How To Create A Dream Lifestyle w/ Jason Moore
- Remote Working With A Global Career w/ Mike Swigunski
- Living A Wild Nomad Life w/ Uwe Allgauer
Leave a Review! Apple Podcast reviews are one of THE most important factors for podcasts. If you enjoy the show please take a second to leave the show a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Click this link: Leave a review on Apple Podcasts
- Hit “View in iTunes” on the left-hand side under the picture.
- Leave an honest review.
- You’re awesome!