Joining me today is someone who has hitchhiked across oceans, who started off on a 5 year around the world journey with only $50 in his pocket and came home with a wife, and who is a fellow twin, Christopher Schacht, author of Around the World on $50 Bucks. This episode was recorded pre-COVID-19.
How long do you think you could make it on $50? Let us know by tagging us in a post on Instagram at @ExtraPackofPeanuts.
Check out the entire library of EPoP Travel Podcasts on Apple Podcasts.
Click here to download this episode directly!
In This Episode
- 02:20 Twin Talk
- 05:30 The Time Frame To Go Around The World Without Air Travel
- 08:50 Deciding On The Places To See & Learning To Use The Time
- 17:10 The Places Christopher Stayed The Longest
- 19:45 How Long Did That $50 Last
- 24:50 From Party Angel To Mining Gold: The Crazy Jobs Along The Way
- 31:50 Languages Learned Before & On The Road
- 34:45 Hitchhiking Across The Oceans
- 44:15 The Love Story & The Unusual Way He Met His Wife
- 50:35 Why Did The Traveling Stop? Do You Want To Travel Again?
- 57:15 Biggest Travel Mishaps
- Grab Your Copy of Around The World On 50 Bucks
- Follow Christopher on Instagram | Facebook | YouTube
- Christopher & Michal’s Love Story Video
- Location Indie
- Want to follow our adventures? Check out our Instagram’s @ExtraPackOfPeanuts, @HeatherSherry, and @TravelingWhitMyles
- Seeing The World Via Hitchhiking w/ Juan Villarino
- Fight Against Boring w/ Sean Kolina & Jeff Anderlite
- Living A Wild Nomad Life w/ Uwe Allgauer
Leave a Review!
Apple Podcast reviews are one of THE most important factors for podcasts. If you enjoy the show please take a second to leave the show a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Click this link: Leave a review on Apple Podcasts
- Hit “View in iTunes” on the left-hand side under the picture.
- Leave an honest review.
- You’re awesome!