Joining me today is someone who once tried to sail from Norway to France and failed, who decided to ride a bike 5,000 miles from Alaska to Mexico but didn’t know how to change a tire, and who has gotten lost, stuck, and confused in more countries than he can count, Otto Ecroyd, author of Northbound and Down.
Today’s podcast is sponsored by Oregon State University ECampus.
What long-distance adventure are you wanting to conquer? Let us know by tagging us in a post on Instagram at @ExtraPackofPeanuts.
In This Episode
- 03:00 Learning On The Go
- 04:05 Leveling Up & Where It All Started
- 09:45 Wanting To Do It To Actually Doing it
- 15:30 Alaska Adventure
- 19:30 Falling Forward & Planning At The Same Time
- 23:20 Am I Gonna Quit?
- 27:55 Being So Remote
- 30:35 Differences & Similarities Between All The Locations
- 35:55 Gear Used & Tossed Along The Way
- 40:40 Timeframe & End Date
- 44:25 The Longest Stretches
- 46:30 Biggest Lessons Learned
- 48:50 Post Trip Life
- 55:50 No Rules Needed
- 56:30 Learning About Writing & Publishing A Book
- 59:30 Unexpected Highlights & Biggest Mishap
- Find Otto’s book Northbound & Down
- Today’s podcast is sponsored by Oregon State University ECampus.
- Location Indie
- Want to follow our lives & adventures? Check out our Instagram’s @ExtraPackOfPeanuts, @HeatherSherry, @TravelingWhitMyles, and @HaddieBean
- Epic Trips & Micro-Adventures w/ Alastair Humphreys
- Adventures Big & Small w/ Alastair Humphreys
- Where To Go & When w/ Sherry Ott
Leave a Review!
Apple Podcast reviews are one of THE most important factors for podcasts. If you enjoy the show please take a second to leave the show a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Click this link: Leave a review on Apple Podcasts
- Hit “View in iTunes” on the left-hand side under the picture.
- Leave an honest review.
- You’re awesome!