Joining me today is the author of one of my favorite books, The Hidden Europe, creator, producer, star and everything else of The Unseen Africa, and a man who has probably had more adventures in the last 3 days than I’ve had in my entire life, Francis Tapon of WanderLearn Podcast. I am so happy to have him back on the show since we last spoke almost exactly 4 years ago or 275 episodes but who is counting. Today, we are diving deep into The Unseen Africa project which includes a book and a video series and is a must read/see for everyone! Bonus: if you are a lover of pop quizzes and my failing them (mostly) then you will find extra joy in this episode!
Do you have travel questions for Trav about travel or travel hacking? Tweet us @packofpeanuts or Instagram with #askepop to @packofpeanuts, or even on facebook! Anywhere you can find us!
In This Episode
- 05:45 What Do You Tell People You Do
- 07:20 The Unseen Africa – All In
- 16:40 Both In & Out Of Africa While Standing On The Continent
- 25:10 How Did You Pick Africa & The Struggles From The Start
- 34:10 African Tinder, Finding His Wife, Travel Partners & 3000+ Hitchhikers
- 41:15 The Different Languages & How Not Knowing Them Can Be A Hindrance
- 50:55 Challenges Faced
- 01:05:45 First Half Of The Trip (Pre Wife) vs Second Half (With Wife)
- 01:14:55 Time Spent In Which Countries – Most & Least
- 01:20:45 Budgeting For The Trip & Keeping It “Cheap”
- 01:24:05 Density Of Population & Growth Projections
- 01:36:15 Thoughts Going In, Misconceptions & Safety
- 01:55:10 How Many Armed Guards & Sneaking Into South Sudan
- 02:03:45 Scary Moments
- 02:16:15 Best Memories
- 02:20:25 Places With Natural Beauty
- 02:22:35 Must-See Places
- 02:28:00 Goal Of The Unseen Africa
- Francis Tapon Website
- Follow Francis on Facebook | Instagram| Twitter | Youtube| Pinterest
- WanderLearn Podcast
- Travis Sherry, The Jetto App, and Getting Travel Bargains On The WanderLearn Podcast
- The Hidden Europe
- The Unseen Africa
- [Blog Post] Defining Sub-Saharan Africa & The Countries In It
- EPOP Episode #41 The Hidden Europe & The Unseen Africa w/ Francis Tapon
- Jetto App – Referral Code: EPOP
- Want to follow our adventures? Check out our Instagram’s at @PackOfPeanuts, @HeatherSherry, @TravelingWhitMyles, and @Let’sJetto
- The Hidden Europe & The Unseen Africa w/ Francis Tapon
- Destination Diary: Cape Town South Africa
- The Real Truth Of Living In Africa w/ Cody Sherry
Leave a Review!
iTunes reviews are one of THE most important factors for podcasts. If you enjoy the show please take a second to leave the show a review on iTunes!
- Click this link: Leave a review on iTunes
- Hit “View in iTunes” on the left-hand side under the picture.
- Leave an honest review.
- You’re awesome!