Today I interview my younger brother, who has done something that I would probably never do.
Live in Africa.
A mission trip to Jamacia broke the fear of traveling for Cody when he was younger, and now he’s traveled around the world, visiting our sister in Spain, and our topic today, studying abroad in Uganda.
He’ll share with what life is REALLY like living in Africa and also recount a hilarious travel mishap that includes tap dancing shoes, a trip to Turkey, and lots of sobbing.
Also, please don’t forget to vote for us on the Lights, Camera, Switzerland site! If we win we’ll be hosting the pilot episode of a brand new travel show and we’ll also be doing some extra special for our listeners, but we have to win for you to find out what it is!!
Today’s episode has been sponsored by our friends at Tortuga Backpacks!
In This Episode:
- 01:00 The worst birthday present ever.
- 09:30 Deciding to study abroad in Uganda.
- 15:00 The preparations.
- 16:50 Culture shock.
- 27:00 Perception vs. Reality
- 41:00 Finding out the extent of our own impact
- 51:00 Cody’s request for you
- 53:20 An amazing travel mishap
and much more!
You Should Also Listen To:
- Walking the Camino: Everything You Need to Know
- The Hidden Europe and the Unseen Africa with Francis Tapon
- Landing a Dream Travel Job + Study Abroad Wisdom with Ryan Warner
Leave a Review!
iTunes reviews are one of THE most important factors for podcasts. If you enjoy the show please take a second to leave the show a review on iTunes!
- Click this link: Leave a review on iTunes
- Hit “View in iTunes” on the left-hand side under the picture.
- Leave an honest review.
- You’re awesome!
Image courtesy of Flickr Creative Commons