Joining me today is someone who has lived, worked, and traveled in over 150 countries, who set a Guinness World Record on 3,700 km rail journey across China, and who, by the time you’re listening to this, will have embarked on a journey driving a solar-powered tuk-tuk across all of Australia, Julian O’Shea, founder of Unbound and SolarTuk.
Today’s episode has been sponsored by our friends at Tortuga Backpacks!
Click here to download the episode directly.
What is the zaniest way you have traveled? Let us know @ExtraPackofPeanuts!
Check out the entire library of EPoP Travel Podcasts on iTunes.
Do you have travel questions for Trav about travel or travel hacking? Tweet us @packofpeanuts or Instagram with #askepop to @extrapackofpeanuts, or even on Facebook! Anywhere you can find us!
In This Episode
- 04:50 Why Is Travel So Important
- 06:05 Adult Gap Year
- 12:43 Guinness World Record
- 18:50 What Is Unbound & How Does it Work
- 28:30 Where Did The Solar-Powered Tuk-Tuk Idea Start
- 30:00 What Is The Mission & The “Part 2” Idea
- 35:15 What Are The Obstacles Of The Trip
- 41:35 Tips & Hacks For Saving Money On The Road
- 43:30 Favorite Places & Tips
- 44:58 Biggest Mishaps
- 46:50 What’s Happening Next?
- Jetto App – Referral Code: EPOP
- Want to follow our adventures? Check out our Instagram’s at @PackOfPeanuts, @HeatherSherry, @TravelingWhitMyles, and @Let’sJetto
- Check out Julian’s websites at Unbound & SolarTuk
- Say Hi to Julian through Unbound on Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
- Say Hi to Julian through Solar Tuk on Facebook | Instagram
- What The Heck Is Travpacking?
- Mountain Biking Around The World (Including Greenland) w/ Mike Brcic
- Motorcycle Diaries Form Around The World w/ Allan Karl (Pt 1)
- Sailing Around The World (& Russian Saunas) w/ Bo Cordle
- Jason Lewis On His Amazing, Inspiring, Guinness Book Of World Record Feat
Leave a Review!
iTunes reviews are one of THE most important factors for podcasts. If you enjoy the show please take a second to leave the show a review on iTunes!
- Click this link: Leave a review on iTunes
- Hit “View in iTunes” on the left-hand side under the picture.
- Leave an honest review.
- You’re awesome!