Joining me today is someone who moved to Italy on the advice of a stranger on the internet, who can see France from her bedroom window (even though she lives in England), and who got Italian citizenship in 2 months, Sarah Mikutel from PostcardAcademy.co and the Postcard Academy Podcast.
Today’s episode has been sponsored by our friends at Chase. Check out one of our favorite travel credit cards, the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card, by going to CreditCards.com/EPOP
We are also being sponsored by the amazing guys over at Tortuga Backpacks!.
Have you ever researched your ancestry citizenship possibilities? What country would you love to be an ex-pat in? Let us know by tagging us in a post on Instagram at @ExtraPackofPeanuts.
In This Episode
- 05:00 How An American Got Italian Citizenship
- 11:15 Researching Your Italian Citizenship Options & Steps To Take
- 18:05 Costs & Challenges
- 27:20 Ways To Travel Long Term Overseas &
- 31:40 Freelance Visa’s & E-Residency in Estonia
- 37:20 What Are The Benefits & Cons Of Living In Europe
- 42:30 Working For Companies Overseas
- 45:00 What Is Her Travel Style & Places She Loves
- 48:00 How To Save Money While Living Abroad & Traveling
- 53:25 Travel Mishap Stories
- Find Sarah at Postcard Academy
- Follow Sarah on Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
- Postcard Academy Podcast
- Podcasting Step By Step
- Trusted Housesitting
- Grass Roots Volunteering
- How To Become An E-Resident of Estonia
- Location Indie
- Want to follow our adventures? Check out our Instagram’s at @PackOfPeanuts, @HeatherSherry, and @TravelingWhitMyles
- Ex-pat Money Solutions w/ Mikkel Thorup
- Life As An Ex-pat & Reverse Culture Shock
- EPOP 031: 17 YEars An Ex-pat With John Bardos
Leave a Review!
iTunes reviews are one of THE most important factors for podcasts. If you enjoy the show please take a second to leave the show a review on iTunes!
- Click this link: Leave a review on Apple Podcasts
- Hit “View in iTunes” on the left-hand side under the picture.
- Leave an honest review.
- You’re awesome!