Pilot Mark has been to all seven continents, became a qualified pilot at age 22, has flown over 2 million miles, which is the equivalent of 4 roundtrips to the moon, and is my guest on today’s episode. He is the man behind the Flying and Travel website where he gives tips on flying, great destinations, and how to become a pilot. He has some amazing insights into different locations that you have to check out because they will give you wanderlust like nothing else.
Do you have questions for Mark about flying? Do you have a fear of flying? Let us know @PackofPeanuts!
Do you have travel questions for Trav about travel or travel hacking? Tweet us @packofpeanuts or Instagram with #askepop to @packofpeanuts, or even on facebook! Anywhere you can find us!
In This Episode
- 03:10 Flying To The Moon?
- 04:50 Where Did The Love Of Travel Come From?
- 08:58 Wanting To Become A Pilot & Training
- 16:05 Second Thoughts?
- 17:53 Pro’s & Con’s
- 21:43 Long Haul & Short Haul
- 24:45 Why Two Of You?
- 28:30 Camaraderie Between Pilots & Crews
- 37:00 On Your Own Or With The Crew
- 39:15 Finding Balance & Days Off
- 42:05 Timezones & Jet Lag Tips
- 46:35 Perks Of Being A Pilot
- 50:22 Round The World Trip
- 51:00 Friends & Family Hookups
- 52:00 Friendly Skies With Other Airlines
- 56:20 What Is The Most Annoying Thing A Flyer Can Do?
- 57:40 What Has Been The Nicest Thing A Flyer Has Done?
- 01:02:45 Favorite Spots & Experiences
- 01:05:30 Underwhelming Spots
- 01:07:25 Ways To Save Money On Travel That Anyone Can Do
- 01:10:05 Biggest Travel Mishap
- 01:14:15 Scams
- Jetto App – Referral Code: EPOP
- Want to follow our adventures? Check out our Instagram’s at @PackOfPeanuts, @HeatherSherry, @TravelingWhitMyles, and @Let’sJetto
- Check out Mark’s website at Flyingandtravel.com
- Flying Healthy Tips from FlyingAndTravel.com
- Say Hi to Mark on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest
- The Beginners Guide To Frequent Flying
- The Secret To Being Treated Like A Rockstar When Flying With Johnny Jet
- Flying As A Courier With Airmule
- Top 15 (or so) Questions About Frequent Flyer Miles
- How To Use Frequent Flyer Miles: The Mega FAQ
Leave a Review!
iTunes reviews are one of THE most important factors for podcasts. If you enjoy the show please take a second to leave the show a review on iTunes!
- Click this link: Leave a review on iTunes
- Hit “View in iTunes” on the left-hand side under the picture.
- Leave an honest review.
- You’re awesome!