Paros was one of the two islands we visited during our trip to Greece, and we highly recommend it if you’re looking for a place to relax.
We loved how much there was to do on Santorini (the other Greek island we visited), but we also enjoyed getting a break from the hustle and bustle on calmer, less touristy Paros.
Below, you’ll find our favorite places to stay, eat, and see on the island of Paros, Greece.
Where to Stay
- Hotel Senia – A beautiful boutique hotel with comfortable rooms. Most of the rooms have a sea view, and there’s an infinity pool right next to the beach. The food was also the best we had on Paros (and breakfast is included with your reservation).
- Paros Bay Hotel – A smaller hotel that’s run more like a resort. Not as nice as Hotel Senia, but it’s a bit more affordable.
Where to Eat
- Steak House – An unassuming place with great gyros (Trav went back a few times).
- Vanilla Gelateria – A gelato place that rivals any we went to in Italy.
- Pizzarella – A decent place for pizza (though don’t expect it to be as good as in Italy).
- Hotel Senia – Dinner here was some of the best food we had in all of Greece. You don’t have to be a guest to eat there, either. Heather had the salmon ravioli, and Trav had the grilled calamari. The Greek salad is also great, as is the local wine.
- Taverna Glafkos – A great place to eat fresh fish while you take in views of the crashing waves.
- Rent a vehicle – If you want to do more than sit by the beach (not that we’d blame you), we recommend renting a scooter, 4-wheeler, or car. Even if you rent one for just a day, it’s the best way to see the different beaches and the island scenery.
- Golden Beach – Our favorite beach on Paros. The water was clear blue, and it was a great place for swimming and windsurfing.
- Kolymbithres Beach – Tucked inside a cove, this beach is surrounded by interesting rock formations. It was a bit more crowded than Golden Beach when we went, but it’s still worth a visit.
- Faragas Beach – A small beach located on the southern tip of Paros.
Want to see all of our favorite Paros destinations on a map that you can access from your phone? We’ve pinned each location mentioned in this guide on the Google Map below:
If you’re planning to visit Greece, Paros should be one of your stops. We hope this guide helps you plan your Greek island adventure, and we’re excited to see what you find!
Prefer listening to reading? Check out the accompanying podcast episode.