Would you consider yourself to be anxious? How has your anxiety impacted your travel?
Joining me today is someone who, despite being a “neurotic Jew from New York who is quite possibly the most risk-averse person you know” (his words, not mine) has traveled to over 20 countries – all while clutching his wallet too tight and packing every medication under the sun just in case he’s 3 hours from a hospital, Gilad Gamliel from The Overthinker’s Passport.
How has anxiety played a role in your travels? Let us know by tagging us in a post on Instagram at @ExtraPackofPeanuts.
Check out the entire library of EPoP Travel Podcasts on Apple Podcasts.
Click here to download this episode directly!
In This Episode
- 02:15 The Overthinker’s Passport
- 05:10 How Do You Know If You Are An Anxious Person
- 06:40 How Has Anxiety Impacted & Affected Your Life
- 11:45 Pushing Past The Anxiety To Travel
- 14:30 Deciding Where To Go
- 16:25 Saying Yes To Things That Make You Uncomfortable
- 20:45 The List Of Comfort
- 23:55 What Can You Do When Someone Else Is Having A Panic Attack
- 34:30 Stopping It Before It Gets Away From You
- 38:55 Self-Love To-Do’s
- 40:05 Slow vs. Fast Travel
- 41:15 Anxiety In Different Cultures & Easing Through A Trip
- 45:40 Tips On Starting To Travel With Anxiety
- 48:40 The After The Trip Routine
- 51:25 The Struggle Is Real
- 57:25 Biggest Travel Mishaps
- Find Gilad on The Overthinker’s Passport
- Follow Gilad on Facebook | Instagram
- 7-Day Side Hustle Challenge
- Location Indie
- Want to follow our adventures? Check out our Instagram’s @ExtraPackOfPeanuts, @HeatherSherry, and @TravelingWhitMyles
- Traveling With Baggage With Sarah Tiedemann
- Travel Meltdowns w/ Jason, Napkins, Travis, & Heather
- The Art Of Pivoting In Travel & Life w/ Lia & Jeremy
Leave a Review! Apple Podcast reviews are one of THE most important factors for podcasts. If you enjoy the show please take a second to leave the show a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Click this link: Leave a review on Apple Podcasts
- Hit “View in iTunes” on the left-hand side under the picture.
- Leave an honest review.
- You’re awesome!