Guidebook Writing & The National Parks w/ James Kaiser
Joining me today is someone whose work has graced the cover of National Geographic, who has sold over 150,000 copies of his guidebooks, and who claims to have the best job in the world (I may argue this point), James Kaiser, award-winning travel writer and photographer from JamesKaiser.com.
Today’s episode has been sponsored by our friends at Tortuga Backpacks!
Click here to download the episode directly.
Which National Parks have you been to? Which is your favorite and least favorite? Let us know @ExtraPackofPeanuts!
Check out the entire library of EPoP Travel Podcasts on iTunes.
Do you have travel questions for Trav about travel or travel hacking? Tweet us @packofpeanuts or Instagram with #askepop to @extrapackofpeanuts, or even on Facebook! Anywhere you can find us!
In This Episode
- 04:45 Favorite: Writing or Photography
- 06:20 How Did It All Begin?
- 12:35 Process Of Writing A Guidebook
- 15:40 How Did You Market It
- 18:40 Selecting The Locations & Learning More
- 23:15 When Did It Start Feeling Like Your Career
- 24:45 Why The National Parks?
- 27:45 The Costa Rica Guidebook
- 31:50 The Process of Writing A Guidebook Pt 2
- 34:10 What You Don’t Know About Writing A Guidebook
- 39:25 Travel Lifestyle
- 42:15 Favorite Places & Tips
- 54:15 Biggest Mishaps & Tips
- 59:37 What’s Happening Next?
- Jetto App – Referral Code: EPOP
- Want to follow our adventures? Check out our Instagram’s at @PackOfPeanuts, @HeatherSherry, @TravelingWhitMyles, and @Let’sJetto
- Check out James’ website at JamesKaiser.com
- Say Hi to James on Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter
- 16 Summer Roadtrips Around the U.S.A.
- My Top 10 Travel Experiences From 2013 (And 32 Cheap Travel Tips)
- Destination Diary – Colorado
- Destination Diary – Vancouver
- So I Bought A Van
Leave a Review!
iTunes reviews are one of THE most important factors for podcasts. If you enjoy the show please take a second to leave the show a review on iTunes!
- Click this link: Leave a review on iTunes
- Hit “View in iTunes” on the left-hand side under the picture.
- Leave an honest review.
- You’re awesome!