When I first met Scott Brills four years ago his business card listed him as a “Man of Leisure”.
Since then I still haven’t quite figured out what it is that Scott ACTUALLY does, other than it’s quite a bit of everything.
Scott joins me today to finally shed some light on what it is he actually does as the co-owner of a Safari company, Japanese Tour operator, and web designer (plus a bunch of other random things).
He regales us with stories from Japan, Tanzania, Mongolia, and the Shoe-barus. It’s quite the journey!
Join us today to learn more about starting a business abroad, how to go about running a marathon with no training, and to hear some great travel tips for Japan! We’re almost as varied as Scott’s professional life!
Do you think you could run a marathon with no training? Share with us at @ExtraPackofPeanuts!!
Check out the entire library of EPoP Travel Podcasts on iTunes
In This Episode
- 03:55 What exactly does Scott do?
- 06:00 Creating his LI lifestyle
- 10:00 Safari’s & Japanese Food tours
- 21:40 Going from nothing to a Safari business
- 29:00 The work/life balance conundrum
- 40:00 Saving money in Japan
- 46:22 Japan must-see’s
- 55:00 The Mongol Rally, Rickshaw Run, and other adventures
- 76:00 Saving money on the road
- 80:23 A dramatic travel mishap
Leave a Review!
iTunes reviews are one of THE most important factors for podcasts. If you enjoy the show please take a second to leave the show a review on iTunes!
- Click this link: Leave a review on iTunes
- Hit “View in iTunes” on the left-hand side under the picture.
- Leave an honest review.
- You’re awesome!
Thanks for having me man! Enjoyed our far-ranging talk!
@Scott Brills – Not as much as I did! Was a blast, as always. Just glad we finally got it recorded!