How do travel & booze mix? Does a specific cocktail or drink immediately remind you of a specific place?
Today we are talking with Natalie Migliarini from BeautifulBooze.com and we are discussing the epic relationship between cocktails and travel, how she got her business started, and why it’s okay to blend your business with your travels. We also dive into the best countries for cocktails, the strangest cocktails, the best drinking experiences, and where you should scrimp & splurge for your home bar (especially during COVID-19).
Today’s podcast is sponsored by Oregon State University ECampus.
What is your favorite cocktail? What has been your experience with cocktails while traveling? Let us know by tagging us in a post on Instagram at @ExtraPackofPeanuts.
In This Episode
- 06:00 Misconceptions On Bringing In Booze From Outside The U.S.
- 12:40 When Did The Love Of Cocktails Start
- 18:50 For The Love Of Travel
- 20:10 How She Started Beautiful Booze
- 25:55 Leveling Up Her Business Through A Change of Scenery
- 33:30 Learning To Blend Travel With The Business
- 38:15 Best & Not So Great Countries For Cocktails
- 41:00 Strangest & Most Unique Cocktails Ever Had
- 48:15 Situational Drinking
- 52:00 Best Drinking Experiences
- 57:55 Best Drinking Experience In The U.S.
- 01:00:30 Guilty Pleasure Drink
- 01:01:40 Where Should You Scrimp & Splurge For Your Home Bar
- 01:04:20 Are Certain Spirits Are Better Than Others
- 01:08:55 Being Mindful Of How Much You Are Consuming
- 01:12:40 Biggest Travel Mishap
- Find Natalie Migliarini on BeautifulBooze.com
- Pre-Order Natalie’s Book Beautiful Booze
- Follow Natalie on Facebook | Instagram| Youtube | Pinterest
- To Infinity & Beyond Bar in Taipei, Taiwan
- Carousel Bar & Lounge
- Get Your Education While Traveling at OSU E-Campus
- Location Indie
- Want to follow our adventures? Check out our Instagram’s @ExtraPackOfPeanuts, @HeatherSherry, and @TravelingWhitMyles
- Fight Against Boring w/ Sean Kolina & Jeff Anderlite
- The Art Of Pivoting In Travel & Life w/ Lia & Jeremy
- The Hardest Job On The Planet w/ Nate Menninger
Leave a Review! Apple Podcast reviews are one of THE most important factors for podcasts. If you enjoy the show please take a second to leave the show a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Click this link: Leave a review on Apple Podcasts
- Hit “View in iTunes” on the left-hand side under the picture.
- Leave an honest review.
- You’re awesome!