Today is all about #vanlife but we are going back in time to 1975 to see how much it has changed over the years. I am happy to welcome Marshall & Debbie Hockett from Tripping1975.com, who, in 1975, hopped on a plane to Europe, grabbed a VW van named Banana, spent a year exploring the continent…and then, wrote a book about it 45 years later!
How much has traveled changed for you over the years? Let us know by tagging us in a post on Instagram at @ExtraPackofPeanuts.
Today’s podcast is sponsored by Oregon State University ECampus.
In This Episode
- 03:00 Getting The Book Written
- 05:40 Decision To Getting The Book Out
- 07:00 Biggest Differences In Travel From The ’70s to Now
- 09:00 Highlights From The Trip
- 12:25 Planning The Trip & The Route They Took in 1975
- 19:15 Places That Exceeded Expectations
- 21:00 Only One Argument In A Year
- 25:00 Biggest Changes In Your Travel Style & Getting Back To Europe
- 29:30 Biggest Travel Mishap
- 36:00 Getting Engaged On The Road
- Find Marshall & Debbie Hockett from Tripping1975.com
- Follow Marshall & Debbie on Facebook | Instagram
- Buy Tripping 1975 Here
- Oregon State University E-Campus
- Location Indie
- Want to follow our adventures? Check out our Instagram’s @ExtraPackOfPeanuts, @HeatherSherry, and @TravelingWhitMyles
- The Beauty Of Imperfect Travels w/ Christine & Jules
- Van Life As A Female Traveler w/Sydney Febrache
- From NFL to Van Life w/ Joe Hawley
Leave a Review!
Apple Podcast reviews are one of THE most important factors for podcasts. If you enjoy the show please take a second to leave the show a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Click this link: Leave a review on Apple Podcasts
- Hit “View in iTunes” on the left-hand side under the picture.
- Leave an honest review.
- You’re awesome!