Oliver Gee, a former Australian journalist, can teach you fake french in 1:07 seconds, give you the most amazing insights into local life in Paris, and he just completed an 8-week, 2500 mile trip around France on a little red scooter, going 30 miles per hour (max) with his new wife on the back and somehow found the time to join us on today’s episode. He is the man behind TheEarfulTower.com, The Earful Tower Podcast, and he makes tons of videos all highlighting the beauty and mysteries of Paris while constantly striving to discover more about his adopted hometown.
What has been your favorite destination in France or the location you most want to visit in France? Let us know @PackofPeanuts!
Do you have travel questions for Trav about travel or travel hacking? Tweet us @packofpeanuts or Instagram with #askepop to @packofpeanuts, or even on facebook! Anywhere you can find us!
In This Episode
- 04:30 Why Do You Love Travel?
- 06:10 Differences Between Aussies & Americans In Travel
- 12:34 Why France & Why Then?
- 14:50 Connection To Europe
- 17:00 Loving The Parisian Charm
- 19:58 Tips On Living & Visiting Inexpensively In Paris
- 25:20 Do As The Locals Do (Flâneur)
- 28:15 Tips On Where To Go In Paris
- 32:00 Where To Stay In Paris
- 34:45 Biking vs Scooting Around Town
- 36:15 Alternative Top 10’s
- 39:15 Basketball Courts In Paris
- 41:50 Seeing France Not Just Paris
- 48:00 8-Weeks Exploring France
- 54:45 Highlights Of The Trip
- 57:50 Positives & Negatives Of Taking A Scooter
- 01:04:30 What Did You Bring?
- 01:06:40 Mishaps On The Road
- 01:09:50 How Far Was It?
- 01:11:25 Post Trip
- 01:13:30 Favorite Destinations Outside Of France
- 01:14:45 Accents
- 01:18:00 Best Time To Visit Paris
- 01:20:19 Travel Mishaps
- 01:25:35 What’s Next?
- The Earful Tower
- The Earful Tower Podcast
- The Earful Tower YouTube Channel | Facebook | Instagram
- Eight Tips On How To Fake French (Video)
- Ten Alternatives To The Greatest Hits In Paris
- Finding Mary: Can I Solve A 10-Year-Old Paris Mystery
- 150 Things To Do In Paris: The Earful Tower’s Guide Book
- Ask EPOP
- Paris Travel Guide
- Is Paris Really That Expensive
- A Jewel In Montmartre – The Best Place To Stay In Paris
- Why Losing My Wallet In Paris Was The Best Thing That Could Have Happened
Leave a Review!
iTunes reviews are one of THE most important factors for podcasts. If you enjoy the show please take a second to leave the show a review on iTunes!
- Click this link: Leave a review on iTunes
- Hit “View in iTunes” on the left-hand side under the picture.
- Leave an honest review.
- You’re awesome!