Joining me today is someone who last year set out to take 12 trips in 12 months but who smashed that goal by taking 20 trips in 12 months, and, here’s the kicker, did it all while employed full-time, Jen Ruiz from JenOnAJetPlane.com and author of The Affordable Flight Guide.
Would you prefer to travel while having a full-time job or be location independent? Let us know @PackofPeanuts!
Do you have travel questions for Trav about travel or travel hacking? Tweet us @packofpeanuts or Instagram with #askepop to @packofpeanuts, or even on facebook! Anywhere you can find us!
In This Episode
- 05:25 Where Did The Idea Come From?
- 09:23 Why Travel?
- 12:40 Planning vs. Winging It
- 14:25 What Were The 20 Trips? And How Long? Solo?
- 19:20 Budget? Mastering Frequent Flyer Points
- 27:30 Tools & Tips For Booking Flights with Cash (& Not Points)
- 36:00 Travel Burnout Due To Work Schedule
- 43:09 Maximizing Your Time During Your Trips
- 49:30 How Has Traveled Changed For Jen Since Quitting Her Job
- 55:10 Saving Money While In A New Place
- 01:00:22 Biggest Travel Mishaps
- 01:06:10 What’s Next For Jen
- Jen On A Jet Plane
- Jen’s TedX Talk
- Jen’s Master List Of Budget Airlines
- Follow Jen on Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest
- Jetto App – Referral Code: EPOP
- EPOP Frequent Flyer Bootcamp
- Google Flights
- Want to follow our adventures? Check out our Instagram’s at @PackOfPeanuts, @HeatherSherry, @TravelingWhitMyles, and @Let’sJetto
- The Reason We Travel
- 2019 Travel Wishlist
- Mistake Fares & Around The World Trips W/ Nate Buchanan
- The Roundtable: Travelers Asking Travelers
- Your Roadmap To Traveling, Living, & Working Anywhere In The World
Leave a Review!
iTunes reviews are one of THE most important factors for podcasts. If you enjoy the show please take a second to leave the show a review on iTunes!
- Click this link: Leave a review on iTunes
- Hit “View in iTunes” on the left-hand side under the picture.
- Leave an honest review.
- You’re awesome!