Yesterday we ignited your wanderlust with a list of books about travel in which you’re bound to find something you’ll enjoy.
Today we fan the flames higher.
Nick returns for the epic Part II where we go through books 1-8 on our list and, of course, more honorable mentions (like you expected anything else).
With over 40 books mentioned between Part I and Part II there’s a ton of reading to be done!
Even Nick & I have a huge list of books to read now, apparently, we need to do this more often.
Do you have a favorite book about travel that we didn’t mention? We didn’t know about it! Leave a comment below and let us know, so that next time we won’t make the same mistake!
- The Tiger: A True Story of Vengeance and Survival – John Vaillant
- Dark Waters: True Story of the First Human-Powered Circumnavigation of the Earth – Jason Lewis
- Travels in Siberia – Ian Frazier
- Into the Wild – John Krakauer
- Blue Highways: A Journey into America – William Least Heat-Moon
- The Adventures of Tintin, Vol. 1
- The Complete Aubrey/Maturin Novels – Patrick O’Brian
- The Road Headed West: A Cycling Adventure Through North America – Leon MaCarron
- Kon-Tiki: Across the Pacific in a Raft – Thor Heyerdahl
- The Majic Bus: An American Odyssey – Douglas Brinkley
- Eastern Approaches – Fitzroy MacLean
- Catch Me if You Can – Frank W. Abagnale
- Happy People: A Year in the Taiga (Movie)
- Into Thin Air: A Personal Account of the Mr. Everest Disaster – Jon Krakauer
- Under the Banner of Heaven: A Story of Violent Fith – John Krakauer
- Three Cups of Deceit: How Greg Morenson, Humanitarian Hero, Lost His Way – Jon Krakauer
- Shibumi: A Novel – Trevanian
- The Orientalist: Solving the Mystery of a Strange and Dangerous Life – Tom Reiss
Podcasts with the Authors
- Jason Lewis on His Amazing, Inspiring, Guinness Book of World Record Feat (EPoP 004)
- The Hidden Europe and the Unseen Africa with Francis Tapon (EPoP 41)
- The Road Headed West with Leon McCarron (EPoP 50)
I Need Your Help
We listed over 40 novels in these couple of episodes, but we know there are a lot more. Help us find new stuff to read by clicking “Tweet This” below:
With over 40 novels on the top #travel #books, we still need more! What are your favorite #travel novels? → http://bit.ly/1tf6Npl
Help Us Catch Tim Ferriss on iTunes!
We’re gunning to catch Tim Ferris’s new podcast and I have a surprise in store if we do. Help out and leave a review on iTunes:
- Click this link: Leave a review on iTunes
- Hit “View in iTunes” on the left-hand side under the picture.
- Leave an honest review.
- You’re awesome!