Yesterday we ignited your wanderlust with a list of books about travel in which you’re bound to find something you’ll enjoy.
Today we fan the flames higher.
Nick returns for the epic Part II where we go through books 1-8 on our list and, of course, more honorable mentions (like you expected anything else).
With over 40 books mentioned between Part I and Part II there’s a ton of reading to be done!
Even Nick & I have a huge list of books to read now, apparently, we need to do this more often.
Do you have a favorite book about travel that we didn’t mention? We didn’t know about it! Leave a comment below and let us know, so that next time we won’t make the same mistake!
Right-click to download this episode directly
Check out the entire library of EPoP Travel Podcasts on iTunes
- The Tiger: A True Story of Vengeance and Survival – John Vaillant
- Dark Waters: True Story of the First Human-Powered Circumnavigation of the Earth – Jason Lewis
- Travels in Siberia – Ian Frazier
- Into the Wild – John Krakauer
- Blue Highways: A Journey into America – William Least Heat-Moon
- The Adventures of Tintin, Vol. 1
- The Complete Aubrey/Maturin Novels – Patrick O’Brian
- The Road Headed West: A Cycling Adventure Through North America – Leon MaCarron
- Kon-Tiki: Across the Pacific in a Raft – Thor Heyerdahl
- The Majic Bus: An American Odyssey – Douglas Brinkley
- Eastern Approaches – Fitzroy MacLean
- Catch Me if You Can – Frank W. Abagnale
- Happy People: A Year in the Taiga (Movie)
- Into Thin Air: A Personal Account of the Mr. Everest Disaster – Jon Krakauer
- Under the Banner of Heaven: A Story of Violent Fith – John Krakauer
- Three Cups of Deceit: How Greg Morenson, Humanitarian Hero, Lost His Way – Jon Krakauer
- Shibumi: A Novel – Trevanian
- The Orientalist: Solving the Mystery of a Strange and Dangerous Life – Tom Reiss
Podcasts with the Authors
- Jason Lewis on His Amazing, Inspiring, Guinness Book of World Record Feat (EPoP 004)
- The Hidden Europe and the Unseen Africa with Francis Tapon (EPoP 41)
- The Road Headed West with Leon McCarron (EPoP 50)
I Need Your Help
We listed over 40 novels in these couple of episodes, but we know there are a lot more. Help us find new stuff to read by clicking “Tweet This” below:
With over 40 novels on the top #travel #books, we still need more! What are your favorite #travel novels? → http://bit.ly/1tf6Npl
Help Us Catch Tim Ferriss on iTunes!
We’re gunning to catch Tim Ferris’s new podcast and I have a surprise in store if we do. Help out and leave a review on iTunes:
- Click this link: Leave a review on iTunes
- Hit “View in iTunes” on the left-hand side under the picture.
- Leave an honest review.
- You’re awesome!
A few old classics on my shelf:
Bruce Chatwin – In Patagonia
Edward Abbey – Desert Solitaire
Shiva Naipaul – North of South
Jan Morris – Destinations
Graham Greene – Journey Without Maps
Jonathan Raban – Hunting Mr. Heartbreak
Eric Newby – A Short Walk in the Hindu Kush John Steinbeck – Travels with Charley
@Ian- Yeah, I’ve been wanting to read a few of them for awhile now. Time to load up the Kindle!
3 favorite books
Gullible’s Travels-Cash Peters
No Touch Monkey- Ayun Halliday
Geography of Bliss-Eric Weiner
@Sarah- Ah, perfect. 3 more books to add to my Kindle as I bump around on night buses in Burma. I actually bought a hardcover copy of Geography of Bliss about 2 months ago, but haven’t cracked it open yet. Thanks for the recs. Got any more?