EPoP 015: The Art of Storytelling and Epic Bike Trips with Tom Allen
Some people are made to be storytellers, and Tom Allen is one of them.
And what a story he has to tell!
Ever wonder what it would feel like to head out on a bike one day, figuring you’ll pedal around the world?
What it would be like to pedal, day after day, through foreign cultures and lands…alone?
Well, if you don’t have 3.5 years to spare, don’t worry.
Luckily, Tom has filmed his entire adventure and put it together in an amazing feature-length film entitled Janapar.
During our interview, Tom not only gives us a behind the scenes look at the making of Janapar, but also dives into the art of storytelling, and how to hone both your video and storytelling skills.
He also teaches us how anyone can get started with adventure cycling, including how to begin for the price of a round of drinks (or $39.92, to be exact).
If you’re interested in starting to see the world from two wheels or want a sneak peek at how the video progressed (hint: not logically), have a listen!
Right click to download this episode directly
NOW FIXED! Don’t forget, I’m giving away $100 if you rate the podcast.
Yep, I want a chance at $100. Take me there! (now fixed so it works)
In This Episode, You’ll Learn:
- Why Tom decided to bike instead of taking traditional means of travel.
- What you should BEFORE leaving to make better travel videos.
- How to sharpen your storytelling skills.
- The difference between traveling for new experiences, learning, and being challenged vs. for plain fun.
- 3 easy steps to cycling around the world.
- How overcomplicating trips leads to inaction.
- How to go adventure cycling for a round of drinks.
Links Discussed in This Episode:
- Tom’s Bike Trip- His homepage
- 3 Easy Steps for Cycling Around the World
- Tom’s Norway/Sweden Trip video
- How to take a big bike trip for the price of a round of drinks.
I Need Your Help
Tom is a great “bloke” with an incredible knack for storytelling, so show them some love by clicking “tweet this” below:
“@TomsBikeTrip Thanks for sharing your amazing story on the EPoP Podcast with @PackofPeanuts. And thanks for Janapar; it’s epic!
I’m giving away $100 once we hit 100 ratings on iTunes, so why not take 1 minute, leave a rating, and enter to win!
Leave a Rating for the Podcast, Win $100! (now fixed so it works).