On Tuesday Leon McCarron joined me to chat about what he’s been up to since his last appearance on the EPoP podcast over 150 episodes ago!
Today we dive deep into the filming of Karun: Misadventures On Iran’s Longest River. (Watch the trailer below if you haven’t already seen it!)
Leon talks about the different landscapes they encountered throughout Iran, breaks down the costs of filming the documentary and traveling through the country (a number which you’re never going to believe), along with discussing how adding filming to the mix changes how they traveled.
Aside from the film we also chat about Leon’s penchant for traveling with other adventurers, how he chooses his travel partners, and if you should even travel with other people!
He also shares a hilarious travel mishap where he looses the one thing he really needs to paddle down a river. You’ll have to watch the movie for the end of that story though!
This is Part 2 of a 2 part interview. Click here to check out Part 1, where we discuss what Leon’s been up to in the last 16 months and his many adventures!
Today’s episode has been sponsored by our friends at Tortuga Backpacks!
In This Episode:
- The cost of the trip
- The amount of preparation for the trip
- How does filming change the trip?
- Picking your travel partner
- New adventure with Dave Cornthwaite
and much more!
- Karun: Misadventures On Iran’s Longest River
- An Interview with Tom Allen on Karun.
- Host your own screening of Karun (It’s Free!)
- The Road Headed West
- The Road Headed West with Leon McCarron
- The Art of Storytelling and Epic Bike Trips with Tom Allen
- Expedition 1000 with Dave Cornthwaite
Leave a Review!
iTunes reviews are one of THE most important factors for podcasts. If you enjoy the show please take a second to leave the show a review on iTunes!
- Click this link: Leave a review on iTunes
- Hit “View in iTunes” on the left-hand side under the picture.
- Leave an honest review.
- You’re awesome!