It’s no secret that we love eating – in fact, it’s one of the main reasons we travel.
In this episode, we recount our 20 best meals of 2015 – from street side stalls in Thailand and Austin, Texas to people’s homes in Istanbul, upscale restaurants in Sedona, and everything in between, we had some epic meals this past year.
Come join us as we recount them, tell you where to eat, and make your mouth water!
And let us know your favorite places that you ate in 2015 – so that we can hit them up in 2016 and see if they make next year’s list – by leaving us a comment below!
Today’s episode has been sponsored by our friends at Tortuga Backpacks!
In This Episode:
Heather’s List (in random order – we don’t want to spoil the surprise)
- Chicken Tikka Masala at Sherpas – Boulder, Colorado
- Spicy Chicken Salad at Leo’s – Bagan, Myanmar
- Chicken on the side of the road (link to our Chiang Mai travel guide) – Chiang Mai, Thailand
- Torchy’s Tacos – Austin, Texas
- Food Market at the V&A Waterfront and Old Biscuit Mill Saturday Food Market – Cape Town, South Africa
- Picnics on the beach – Corsica, France
- Yang Garden – Koh Lanta, Thailand
- Mussels at Don Quichotte – Ajaccio, Corsica
- Pork cheek with Corn Pancake at Elote Cafe – Sedona, Arizona
Trav’s List (in random order – we don’t want to spoil the surprise)
- Oreo Shake at Monkey Bizness – Koh Lanta, Thailand
- Breakfast at Vredenburg Manor – Stellenbosch, South Africa
- Hot Chicken Sandwich at Grays on Main – Franklin, Tennessee
- EatWith meal at Cenk and Anna’s – Istanbul, Turkey
- The A la carte buffet at Feel 3 Myanmar Food – Yangon, Myanmar
- Torchy’s Tacos – Austin, Texas
- 1/2 grilled, 1/2 fried calamari platter at Salinas – Wilderness, South Africa
- Calamari platter at Fat Fish – Plettenberg Bay, South Africa
- Springbok (part of a 3-course meal deal) at Beluga – Cape Town, South Africa
- Tacos Guerrero food truck with the best little Abuelita (grandma) – Austin, Texas
- Khao Soi at Khao Soi Mae Sai – Chiang Mai, Thailand
Best Beers of 2015 (in no particular order – all are so delicious!)
- Mother Road Brewery in Flagstaff, Arizona
- THAT Brewery in Cottonwood, Arizona
- Broken Compass Brewery in Breckenridge, Colorado
- Devil’s Peak Brewery in Cape Town, South Africa (the only good craft beer in the city)
- Deschutes Fresh Squeezed IPA & Ballast Point Grapefruit Sculpin – Heather’s favorite beers of 2015
Best Wine of 2015 (in no particular order – just go here!)
- Arizona Stronghold in Cottonwood, Arizona
- Jordan in Stellenbosch (outside of Cape Town), South Africa
- Annandale Winery in Stellenbosch, South Africa – Trav’s favorite winery in the world
Best Coffee in 2015 (in no particular order – they all rock!)
- La Colombe in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Akha Ama in Chiang Mai, Thailand
- Truth Coffee in Cape Town, South Africa
This is part 2 of a 3 part 2015 Year in Review Series. Have a listen to the others:
- The Best and Worst of 2015, Plus All Our Travel Stats
- Our 20 Best Meals of 2015 (this episode)
- Our 24 Best Experiences of 2015
Leave a Review!
iTunes reviews are one of THE most important factors for podcasts. If you enjoy the show please take a second to leave the show a review on iTunes!
- Click this link: Leave a review on iTunes
- Hit “View in iTunes” on the left-hand side under the picture.
- Leave an honest review.
- You’re awesome!