Have you always wanted to learn a new language? How about 20 of them? Joining me today is someone who retired ex-diplomat, who has 50 years of travel under his belt, and who speaks 20 languages, Steve Kaufmann from lingq.com.
What language(s) do you want to learn? Let us know by tagging us in a post on Instagram at @ExtraPackofPeanuts.
Check out the entire library of EPoP Travel Podcasts on Apple Podcasts.
Click here to download this episode directly!
In This Episode
- 02:10 The Language Learning Beginnings
- 05:45 How To Make Your Brain More Flexible
- 08:15 Best Ways To Learn A Language
- 15:40 Lingq Language Learning
- 19:20 Is Isolated Vocab Necessary?
- 21:40 Comprehension & Tenses
- 24:40 How Long Does It Take To Learn A Language
- 28:45 How Important Is Immersion
- 32:35 How To Decide Which Languages To Learn
- 34:15 Which Languages Did He Give Up On
- 36:30 Learning Multiple Languages At Once & Losing What You’ve Learned
- 40:50 The Extensive Travel Life
- 42:55 Top of List Destinations
- 43:40 Diplomat Life & Living Anywhere
- 47:50 Travel Stories & Mishaps
- Find Steve at Lingq.com (Click for 35% off of a 1-year Plan)
- Follow Steve on Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | YouTube
- Find Steve at The Linguist Blog
- Follow Steve on YouTube
- Location Indie
- Want to follow our adventures? Check out our Instagram’s at @ExtraPackOfPeanuts, @HeatherSherry, and @TravelingWhitMyles
- Benny Lewis On The Best Ways To Learn A Foreign Language
- My Life As A U.S. Diplomat w/ Nick Hersh
- Dominating Life With Heath Armstrong
Leave a Review!
iTunes reviews are one of THE most important factors for podcasts. If you enjoy the show please take a second to leave the show a review on iTunes!
- Click this link: Leave a review on Apple Podcasts
- Hit “View in iTunes” on the left-hand side under the picture.
- Leave an honest review.
- You’re awesome!