What is one of the most common New Year’s resolutions?
To help any of you who may have “More Travel” written on that list of things you’d like to accomplish in 2015, we’ve decided to help you plan your trip.
Heather joins me as we chat about our planning process – the more fun, research-based side, for the more practical aspects of travel planning check out our Pre-Travel Checklist.
We discuss how we decide where to go, researching things to do at your destination, accommodations, tours, and how to conduct on the ground research.
What are your travel plans for 2015?
Today’s episode has been sponsored by our friends at Tortuga Backpacks!
In This Episode:
- 05:19 – Picking a destination
- 08:45 – Google Flights Explorer
- 10:48 – The differing costs of cities
- 15:16 – Researching your destination
- 20:00 – Planning your itinerary
- 30:29 – Booking accommodations and tours
- 34:51 – On the ground research
- and much more!
Links from today’s episode
- Google Flights Explorer
- Pre-travel checklist
- Is Thailand Really That Cheap?
- Is Bali Really That Cheap?
- Thorntree Forum
- Sandemans Walking Tours
- Pre-Travel Checklist: 24 Things To Do Before You Leave
- Our Biggest Travel Mishaps
- Jason Lewis on His Amazing, Inspiring, Guinness Book of World Record Feat
Leave a Review!
iTunes reviews are one of THE most important factors for podcasts. If you enjoy the show please take a second to leave the show a review on iTunes!
- Click this link: Leave a review on iTunes
- Hit “View in iTunes” on the left-hand side under the picture.
- Leave an honest review.
- You’re awesome!
Photo provided courtesy of Flickr Creative Commons