Next to flights, accommodation is the next most expensive aspect of flying.
So how do we make it cheaper?
Jason and I have 21 suggestions that can help anyone find better digs, no matter where they are in the world.
Today we discuss the first 10 of those options, so make sure to check out part II to get the rest of these awesome money saving tips!
We start the show off with a bonus tip, then move into concepts like negotiation and always having a story to tell. I also manage to take over the bad pun mantle from Jason!
I ain’t even kitten ya!
What ways have you found to save money on accommodations while traveling?
CLICK HERE FOR PART II IN THIS SERIES
Right click to download this episode directly
Check out the entire library of EPoP Travel Podcasts on iTunes
In This Episode:
- A bonus tip before we even get started on the list!
- Always Negotiate.
- Comparing online & at the counter prices.
- Jason’s crazy story that got him half off at a B&B.
- The sharing economy.
- Working on farms in exchange for accommodation.
- Camping & Glamping.
and much more!
Links Discussed in This Episode:
- An Amazing Apartment Amidst the Sun, Sand, and Surf in Split
- EpoP 82: Destination Diary- Portugal
- EPoP 032: Housesitting 101- Scoring Amazing Accommodations Around the World with Andy Peck
- EpoP 76: How to Score Amazing Accommodations for Free
- How I Ended Up in a 5 Bedroom Mansion in Breckenridge with a BMW and a Hot Tub
- AirBnb – http://www.airbnb.com
- EPoP 024: Why 7 Million People Open Their Homes to Travelers for Free With Martina Steinmann
I Need Your Help
Let’s help people find cheaper accommodations, click “Tweet This” below!
@PackofPeanuts & @ZerotoTravel share some of their best tips on saving money on #travel #accommodation. → http://bit.ly/1wlWQoF
Help Us Catch Tim Ferriss on iTunes!
We just hit our original goal of 100 reviews on iTunes, which means we are the top-rated travel podcast (and which means I’m giving out $100)!
Now, we’re gunning to catch Tim Ferris’s new podcast and I have a surprise in store if we do. Help out and leave a review on iTunes:
- Click this link: Leave a review on iTunes
- Hit “View in iTunes” on the left hand side under the picture.
- Leave an honest review.
- You’re awesome!
Hey Travis, love this episode! I’m always on the hunt for cheaper ways of overnight accommodations. And you guys had some great ideas! On another note, I gotta say, this was super entertaining. As a longtime reader of your blog, this was the first time I’d listened to your podcasts. I wasn’t sure what to expect, but they were awesome. Especially since I listened to a couple while I unpacked (just moved!) and it was the best way to perform an otherwise boring task. So thanks for spicing up unpacking!
@Lauren L.- Well thank you so much! I know a lot of longtime readers are a bit hesitant to try out the podcast (hey, I didn’t listen to podcasts until 2 years ago, so I know the feeling), but I love the format both for me to get all my thoughts out in an entertaining way and for people to be able to listen to it while, like you said, they do boring tasks.
Personally, I always like doing the dishes now because it gives me time to listen to pods!
Really glad you liked it, and thanks for letting me know too!