Our Destination Diary series provides a great overview of a place that we’ve been, or in this place, lived!
Heather and I had the great fortune to be able to live in Japan for 2 years as we taught English, and started Extra Pack of Peanuts!
In those two years, we visiting many different parts of the country and learned quite a bit about how to travel around cheaply. Today we share those tips with you, along with a great list of where to stay, what to do, and what you should (and maybe shouldn’t) eat while you’re in Japan!
Interested in becoming Location Independent? Check out Location Indie, a community of people who share your dreams!
Today’s episode has been sponsored by our friends at Tortuga Backpacks!
In This Episode
- 08:00 Mt. Fuji
- 09:15 Catching the cherry blossoms
- 11:00 Winter time in Japan!
- 13:40 Some great places to eat
- 16:53 Our favorite cities
- 24:00 Tokyo
- 27:00 Hiroshima
- 30:23 Our favorite accommodation in the world.
- 31:44 Activities throughout Japan
- 35:00 Eating!
- 44:00 Avoid these or try them once. It depends on how adventurous you are!
- 47:00 Sushi is so much better in Japan
- 51:45 Unique ways to stay
- 62:00 Japan rail pass
- 66:00 Flying domestic Japan on budget airlines
Leave a Review!
iTunes reviews are one of THE most important factors for podcasts. If you enjoy the show please take a second to leave the show a review on iTunes!
- Click this link: Leave a review on iTunes
- Hit “View in iTunes” on the left-hand side under the picture.
- Leave an honest review.
- You’re awesome!