What do you do when you want to become more educated…or healthier…or learn more about religion?
If your answers to those look anything like this:
- Read the encyclopedia from A to Z.
- Live by every rule in the Bible for a year.
- Try every single diet and exercise program out there.
Then you might have something in common with this week’s guest.
A.J. Jacobs is a published writer and a professional human guinea pig.
A.J. takes on these personal experiments in what he calls “extreme self-improvement” and documents his struggles (and successes) in his books.
Keeping life fun and exciting through these personal challenges is exactly the reason that I wanted AJ to come on the show and share his experiences with us all.
AJ talks to us today about how he started on this journey to self-experimentation (hint: it involves the Academy Awards), how his family handles some of his more extreme projects, and his newest project that you can be a part of!
We’re reminded that our changes don’t all have to be huge, that viewing the world from another’s point of view is always a good use of time, and the ideas are the lifeblood of entrepreneurs.
Make sure to check out the site for A.J.’s next project- GlobalFamilyReunion.com– so you can help him with his next project.
You and A.J. are cousins after all, and family helps out family!
In This Episode:
- Where his experiment ideas come from.
- Some valuable lessons learned from his projects.
- How we’re all really cousins. (It’s true, he can prove it)
- Why considering other points of view is so important.
- How failure is just a part of life, not something to be terrified of.
- The concept of disciplined daydreaming.
- How ideas are the lifeblood of entrepreneurs.
and much more!
Links Discussed in This Episode:
- AJ Jacobs.com
- Know it All by A.J. Jacobs
- The Year of Living Biblically by A.J. Jacobs
- Drop Dead Healthy by A.J. Jacobs
- The Huddled Masses – Crowdsourced advice from AJ Jacobs.
I Need Your Help
Help me thank A.J. Jacobs for sharing his self-improvement experiments with us by clicking “Tweet This” below:
A big thanks to @AJJacobs, my cousin (and yours too!), for joining us on the @PackofPeanuts #travel podcast. –> http://bit.ly/1qnng9y
Help Us Catch Tim Ferriss on iTunes!
We just hit our original goal of 100 reviews on iTunes, which means we are the top-rated travel podcast (and which means I’m giving out $100)!
Now, we’re gunning to catch Tim Ferris’s new podcast and I have a surprise in store if we do. Help out and leave a review on iTunes:
- Click this link: Leave a review on iTunes
- Hit “View in iTunes” on the left-hand side under the picture.
- Leave an honest review.
- You’re awesome!