Southeast Asia is an absolutely magical place full of gorgeous beaches, amazing food, and incredible culture.
Couple all that with the fact that it’s insanely cheap, and you’ve got one of the best places in the world to visit.
And no one knows that better than Stuart McDonald, founder of the amazing online guidebook Travelfish, who has been living, working, and hanging out in the region for over 20 years.
There’s no better way to find the best places in SE Asia, and to really understand it’s magic than taking a tour with a man who’s been to 31 different Thai islands!
Whether you’re dreaming of going there for the first time or dreaming of going back, after this podcast, you’ll be an expert!
Help Us Hit 100 Reviews on iTunes
We’re currently at 82 and almost there. Would you be so kind as to take a minute and leave us a review? Here’s the link:
In This Episode:
- How many guesthouses Stuart has personally reviewed (hint: it’s higher than the number you’re thinking right now).
- How the Travelfish team is able to cover such a quickly changing region.
- Traveling through vs. living in an area
- The traditional guidebook vs. Travelfish
- How and why to take a digital detox
- A recap of each SE Asian country in a few sentences
- What country is the hidden gem of SE Asia
- How much it costs to live in Bali for a year
- What island has the best beaches in Thailand, hands down
And much more!
Links Discussed in This Episode:
- Travelfish main page
- Travelfish forums
- Turkey Travel Planner
- Travellers Point
- Ko Kut- writeup and photos
- Cambodian islands
- Flores, Indonesia
- Free PDF books for the iPad
I Need Your Help
Stuart just set us up for the world’s most amazing SE Asian vacation, so show him some love by clicking “Tweet This” below:
I just found out the best hidden gems in all of #SEAsia from @Travelfish on the EPoP Podcast w/@PackofPeanuts. Time to plan a trip! #travel