EPoP 057: Destination Diaries- India
India is an assault on the senses, a country of amazing colors, contrasts, and mostly, confusion.
And a country that can’t begin to understand until after you’ve been there, and one you won’t fully understand afterward.
In today’s episode, Trav and Heather break down their three-week adventure through India, telling you their favorite places they stayed, ate, and experiences they had.
From galloping on camels through a driving sandstorm to riding in a flashing neon tuk-tuk with a driver swigging vodka and trying to sell them textiles, these stories are ones that could only happen in India.
Right-click to download this episode directly
Check out the entire library of EPoP Travel Podcasts on iTunes
Links for Things We Recommend in India
- Our itinerary: Mumbai-Agra-Jaipur-Jaisalmer-Jodhpur-Udaipur-Mumbai
- Taj Hotel Plaza– A decent accommodation in Agra, close to Taj Mahal
- Madhuban– Amazing accommodation in Jaipur
- Hotel Pearl Palace/Peacock Roof Restaurant- Great place to stay to meet ex-pats in Jaipur
- Indique Restaurant– Rooftop restaurant in Jodhpur with amazing food and views
- MV Spice- The most famous spice shop in India (Jodhpur)
- Tiger Guesthouse– Accommodation in Udaipur with rooftop terrace and view of Lake Palace.
- Ranakpur Jain Temple- Heather’s “can’t miss” in India, between Jaipur and Udaipur.
I Need Your Help
Want to share these crazy India stories with others? Click tweet this to help spread our Destination Diaries:
Just listened to @PackofPeanuts crazy adventures through #India. If you’ve ever wanted to go India, this is a must listen.
Help Us Catch Tim Ferriss on iTunes!
We just hit our original goal of 100 reviews on iTunes, which means we are the top-rated travel podcast (and which means I’m giving out $100)!
Now, we’re gunning to catch Tim Ferris’s new podcast and I have a surprise in store if we do. Help out and leave a review on iTunes:
- Click this link: Leave a review on iTunes
- Hit “View in iTunes” on the left-hand side under the picture.
- Leave an honest review.
- You’re awesome!