EPoP 031: 17 Years an Expat with John Bardos
Many of you dream of being location independent or living abroad for an extended period of time.
Of engaging in a place and culture, rather than just traveling through it.
And no one is a bigger expert in this field than John Bardos of JetSetCitizen, who has started, run, and sold his own business in another country, has launched a successful location independent lifestyle, and has lived abroad for the last 17 years.
Today, John discusses the actual costs of living abroad, tells us some of his favorite home bases, and helps dispel some of the rumors surrounding a location independent lifestyle.
He also gives his best tips and advice for how someone who wishes to pursue living abroad can get started and what they can do to set themselves up while still at home.
There are 17 years of wisdom packed into this podcast, and you won’t want to miss it!
Right-click to download this episode directly
Check out the entire library of EPoP Travel Podcasts on iTunes (and leave a rating)!
In This Episode:
- The “Golden Handcuff” dilemma and how to break free.
- The magical effect of making a goal public.
- An easy springboard to location independence.
- The truth of most digital nomads.
- Advantages and disadvantages of location independence.
- Why living abroad is easier than traveling.
- Best cities in the world to use as a home base.
- A breakdown of day to day life and costs in Chiang Mai, Thailand.
- What does $1,200 a month look like in other countries?
- If the whole world lived like a Canadian or American…
And much more!
Links Discussed in This Episode:
- @JetSetCitizen– Twitter
I Need Your Help
John rocked it by packing 17 years of wisdom into 45 minutes. Show him some love by clicking “Tweet This” below:
@JetSetCitizen Thanks for packing 17 years of #locationindependent wisdom and #expat advice in to the EPoP #podcast with @PackofPeanuts.