Like most of us, 15-year-old Jessica Lawrence had a dream. She knew what she wanted to do, and she was going to do it.
Except, like most of us, she put it off…and put it off…and put it off.
Until, 22 years later, she finally stopped putting it off…and just DID IT.
She cycled across the entire country, 4200+ miles, alone. Not as a college student. Not as a retiree. And not as a foreigner.
But as a 37-year-old single woman who has a job, has a career, and has a life.
And now, she’s on a mission to motivate others to take a hold of their dreams and find a way to do them, no matter how long they’ve put them off and no matter how many excuses they’ve made.
But the great part of this interview is that not only is Jessica incredibly motivating, but also hilarious.
From being asked if she’s carrying a gun with her (4 times!) to being proposed to by a 79-year-old man, Jessica recounts some of the best stories from her amazing journey and also gives insanely useful tips for anyone wishing to do the same.
Inspirational + Humurous + Actionable = a podcast you won’t want to miss!
I’m giving away $100 once we hit 100 ratings on iTunes. Come on people, let’s do this…the money is burning a hole in my pocket!
Leave a Rating for the Podcast, Win $100! (now fixed so it works).
In This Episode:
- The true cost of biking across the country.
- Why it’s never too late to make a dream a reality.
- Small things you can do to balance work and play.
- Why you don’t need real training to bike across the country.
- The 3 types of people who bike across the US (and why Jessica was none of them).
- The toughest obstacles in achieving any goal (they’re not what you think).
- Why the fears of travelers are much different than the fears of those who stay at home.
- Taking big life lessons learned from travel and incorporating them into normal life.
- The best website for making friends and getting meals while biking.
And much more!
Links Discussed in This Episode:
I Need Your Help
Jessica is an incredible inspiration to people of all ages (and hilarious to boot)! Show her some love by click “Tweet This” below:
@Roadtorhode Congrats on the journey & thanks for inspiring me to go after my #travel dreams on the EPoP Podcast with @PackofPeanuts.