Jared Brock is a man who loves to travel.
Preparing for today’s interview was a piece of cake. I mean, when you’re talking to a man who’s met the Pope, walked on hot coals, and taught himself how to film his own documentary, things just kinda fall into place!
In part 1 of this interview, we discuss his documentary, Red Light Green Light, how Jared became a traveler, and how he got a book deal to travel 37,000 miles exploring religion and prayer.
And of course, we get a hilarious story that happens to have helped with that particular book deal.
I mean, how could there not be one!
Tune back in on Thursday for Part 2 of the interview where we discuss some of the crazier exploits of his journey around the world including visiting North Korea, an “Eco” farm in Costa Rica, and much, much more.
Today’s episode has been sponsored by our friends at Tortuga Backpacks!
In This Episode:
- 06:00 How travel entered Jared’s life.
- 10:00 Hope for the Sold.
- 17:40 Creating the Red Light Green Light documentary.
- 24:43 A year of living Prayerfully – 37,000 miles around the world to explore religion & prayer.
- 25:44 Spending Passover with a Rabbai and his disciples, and leaving them in the dark…
- 27:00 Sample chapters & getting published.
- 33:23 The locations he traveled to for his book.
and much more!
Links From Today’s Interview
- The Ridiculous Race, Part I: Alaska, Cuba, and Dirty Hot Tubs
- The Ridiculous Race, Part II: Winning, Writing, and Whales
- Life as the World’s Greatest Guinea Pig with A.J. Jacobs
Leave a Review!
iTunes reviews are one of THE most important factors for podcasts. If you enjoy the show please take a second to leave the show a review on iTunes!
- Click this link: Leave a review on iTunes
- Hit “View in iTunes” on the left-hand side under the picture.
- Leave an honest review.
- You’re awesome!