Bicycle Around America with Brian D’Apice
A lot of people bicycle ACROSS America. But that’s not what we’re talking about today.
You see Brian D’Aspice has done something a little different.
He’s bicycled AROUND America.
And the difference is about 9 THOUSAND miles!
Brian joins me today to chat about his trip, which he planned 90% of it in the first 30 minutes of having the idea! (the rest of the planning took over a year!)
He discusses his experiences raising money for charity, the amount he’s spent per day on accommodation (it’s impressive, even to me), and then we proceed to nerd out about all the stats he’s kept on his trip!
We’re releasing this as he is on his journey, so if you’re listening in real-time, make sure to see if you can’t meet up with him and ride a bit of his final routes!
Click here to download this episode directly
Interested in becoming Location Independent? Check out Location Indie, a community of people who share your dreams!
Today’s episode has been sponsored by our friends at Tortuga Backpacks!
Check out the entire library of EPoP Travel Podcasts on iTunes
In This Episode
- 04:00 His recent routes
- 09:20 How he ended up getting into biking
- 11:50 Charities and Biking Around
- 17:30 Planning and Prep
- 22:00 How he finds his routes each day
- 29:00 Was travel always something you were really interested in?
- 38:55 Stat Nerdery
- 46:00 Favorite experiences
- 53:00 Storming mishaps
- 56:00 What’s next?
- Mid-Career Travel Breaks and Marriage Proposals with Jessica Lawrence
- The Road Headed West with Leon McCarron
- The Art of Storytelling and Epic Bike Trips with Tom Allen
- The Incredible Quest with Akshay Nanavati
- Jason Lewis on His Amazing, Inspiring, Guinness Book of World Records Feat
Leave a Review!
iTunes reviews are one of THE most important factors for podcasts. If you enjoy the show please take a second to leave the show a review on iTunes!
- Click this link: Leave a review on iTunes
- Hit “View in iTunes” on the left-hand side under the picture.
- Leave an honest review.
- You’re awesome!