So you’ve collected all these frequent flyer miles.
Now, what on earth do you do with them?
Today Jason and I chat about actually using your frequent flyer miles once you’ve collected them.
Where to start, when to book, and most importantly, how to avoid fuel surcharges.
This is a great overview of the basics of booking award tickets. It won’t teach you everything there is out there, but it will help you get those first couple of (almost) free flights!
Below are the links & resources we mentioned in the episode, make sure to check them out!
In This Episode:
- Pick the trip you want to go on.
- Choosing the most valuable points/miles.
- When award availability opens up.
- The airline alliances.
- What you can and can’t change about award tickets.
- Fuel Surcharges, and how to avoid them.
and much more!
Links Discussed in This Episode:
- Ranking The Best and Worst Frequent Flyer Miles
- Finding OneWorld Award Availability
- Pt. 1 – What is Fuel Surcharge
- Pt. 2 – How to Find a Fuel Surcharge using ITA Matrix
- Pt. 3 – Which Airlines Charge Fuel Surcharges (with downloadable chart)
- Pt. 4 – My Frequent Flyer Mile Earning Strategy to Avoid Fuel Surcharges
- 4 Things You Should Know About British Airways Avios Points
- The Top 5 Ways to Use British Airways Avios Points
- Reader Q & A: Credit Cards (Episode 64)
I Need Your Help
I hope that Jason and I answered some of your questions about booking award flights! Click “Tweet This” below to help spread the knowledge!
Ever wondered where to start with all those miles & points you’ve saved up for #travel? This will help you get started → http://bit.ly/1q3NWXX
Help Us Catch Tim Ferriss on iTunes!
We just hit our original goal of 100 reviews on iTunes, which means we are the top rated travel podcast (and which means I’m giving out $100)!
Now, we’re gunning to catch Tim Ferris’s new podcast and I have a surprise in store if we do. Help out and leave a review on iTunes:
- Click this link: Leave a review on iTunes
- Hit “View in iTunes” on the left-hand side under the picture.
- Leave an honest review.
- You’re awesome!