Top 20 Travel Books Part I
For those of us with a serious case of wanderlust (or those of us who want one) there’s only one solution.
Reading about travel.
Or is that the problem?
Today I bring back Nick, a good buddy of mine who shares my love of reading about travel. We each listed out our top 10 books about travel for a master top 20 list sure to increase the size of your bookshelf.
In fact, we listed SO many books in our honorable mentions (quite by accident, you know how it is) and decided to split this up into two episodes. Today’s podcast will be the honorable mentions and books 10-8 on each of our lists.
Make sure to check back tomorrow for the rest of our list! And probably some more honorable mentions…
Have you read any of the books we mentioned today? Leave a comment below with your thoughts!
- Video Night in Kathmandu: And Other Reports from the Not-So-Far East – Pico Iyer
- The Tiger: A True Story of Vegeance and Survival – John Vaillant
- Lost Japan (Travel Literature) – Alex Kerr
- The Ridiculous Race – Steve Hely & Vali Chandrasekaran
- Behind the Beautiful Forevers: Life, Death, and Hope in a Mumbai Undercity
- Escape – David McMillian
- The Pillars of Hercules: A Grand Tour of the Mediterranean – Paul Theroux
- The Lost City of Z: A Tale of Deadly Obsession in the Amazon – David Grann
- The Shadow of th Sun – Ryszard Kapuscinski
- On the Road – Jack Kerouac
- Innocents Abroad – Mark Twain
- Paul Theroux (Author)
- Hunter S Thompson (Author)
- Clive Cussler (Author)
- The Beach – Alex Garland
- Long Way Down & Long Way Round Complete Series
- A Walk in the Woods: Rediscovering America on the Appalachian Trail – Bill Bryson
- John McPhee (Author)
- Tokyo Vice: An American Reporter on the Police Beat in Japan – Jake Adelstein
- Speed Traibes: Days and Night’s with Japan’s Next Generation
- Grounded: A Down to Earth Journey Around the World
- Shantaram: A Novel – Gregory David Roberts
- Papillon – Henri Charriere
I Need Your Help
Help us spread the word and get more people reading about travel! I never knew the genre was so large until Nick turned me on to it years ago, lets not leave others in the dark. Click “Tweet This” below to share!
Do you love to #read about #travel? Spark the #wanderlust with a book off @PackofPeanuts giant list of travel books! → http://bit.ly/1wDBkfA
Help Us Catch Tim Ferriss on iTunes!
We’re gunning to catch Tim Ferris’s new podcast and I have a surprise in store if we do. Help out and leave a review on iTunes:
- Click this link: Leave a review on iTunes
- Hit “View in iTunes” on the left hand side under the picture.
- Leave an honest review.
- You’re awesome!