EPoP 057: Destination Diaries- India
India is an assault on the senses, a country of amazing colors, contrasts, and mostly, confusion.
And a country that can’t begin to understand until after you’ve been there, and one you won’t fully understand afterwards.
In today’s episode, Trav and Heather break down their three week adventure through India, telling you their favorite places they stayed, ate, and experiences they had.
From galloping on camels through a driving sandstorm to riding in a flashing neon tuk-tuk with a driver swigging vodka and trying to sell them textiles, these stories are ones that could only happen in India.
Links for Things We Recommend in India
- Our itinerary: Mumbai-Agra-Jaipur-Jaisamer-Jodhpur-Udaipur-Mumbai
- Taj Hotel Plaza– A decent accommodation in Agra, close to Taj Mahal
- Madhuban– Amazing accommodation in Jaipur
- Hotel Pearl Palace/Peacock Roof Restaurant- Great place to stay to meet expats in Jaipur
- Indique Restaurant– Rooftop restaurant in Jodhpur with amazing food and views
- MV Spice- The most famous spice shop in India (Jodhpur)
- Tiger Guesthouse– Accommodation in Udaipur with rooftop terrace and view of Lake Palace.
- Ranakpur Jain Temple- Heather’s “can’t miss” in India, between Jaipur and Udaipur.
I Need Your Help
Want to share these crazy India stories with others? Click tweet this to help spread our Destination Diaries:
Just listened to @PackofPeanuts crazy adventures through #India. If you’ve ever wanted to go India, this is a must listen.
Help Us Catch Tim Ferriss on iTunes!
We just hit our original goal of 100 reviews on iTunes, which means we are the top rated travel podcast (and which means I’m giving out $100)!
Now, we’re gunning to catch Tim Ferris’s new podcast and I have a surprise in store if we do. Help out and leave a review on iTunes:
- Click this link: Leave a review on iTunes
- Hit “View in iTunes” on the left hand side under the picture.
- Leave an honest review.
- You’re awesome!